• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Servo for MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antigacho

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
The following poll results help me to decide on which servo to choose for my MT410

Which servo are you running on your MT410?
  • Savox SV-1270TG +5
  • Savox SB-2290SG +5
  • ProAmps BLS358 +4
  • ProTek RC 170TBL +4
  • MKS X6 HBL599 + 2
  • Hitec HS-7950TH +2
  • ProTek RC 370TBL +2
  • Corally 5226 +1
  • Savox SC-1268SGBE +1
  • futaba bls172sv +1
  • savox 1210 +1
  • Hitec HSB-9380TH +1
  • Blue Bird BLS-42A +1
  • Hitec D980TW
  • Tekin T-44
  • Spektrum S6280
  • Savox SB-2270SG
  • KO Propo RSx3
  • Reedy RT2207A
  • JX servo BLS-HV7146MG
  • Reef´s RC Triple4
Results came from a poll that I posted on facebook group "Tekno RC MT410 and Tekno Basher Owners' Tips, Tricks, Mods, & Showoff"

Last edited:
@antigacho I'd recommend checking out the Savox 1270TG, ProAmps BLS358, and Hitec D951TW. All provide tons of power at pretty nice speeds.

I choose the Savox SV-1270TG, it has a good performance and overall a good price/value rate according to comments of other users on FB groups
That's why is on top 3

I just notice that I didn't copy the results of the poll, sorry, (editing)

I'm currently running a Protek 130T, got it on sale at amain for $70 a couple years ago. @ 7.4v. 0.08sec and 3550oz torque.
Savox are a good value but they are power hungry. I used to have two high torque Savox servos in a 4ws Wraith and I had to have a capacitor and an additional castle BEC or they would brown out. For this rig it shouldn't be an issue though since it only needs one servo, every ESC on the market nowadays seems to have a capable BEC built-in to handle one thirsty servo. My absolute favorite servo was a high end Futaba I had but they are serious $$... I also really like Hi-Tec, had a few of those and they always did very well.

For a basher you don't need to find "the" servo. You won't notice any difference in performance between an $80 servo and a $150 servo if the specs are the same. My personal preference is get whichever one you like that is at least 0.11 seconds or faster and 300oz torque or higher. those are the two numbers that I personally shoot for on a rig turning huge MT tires.

Also Tekno's 'requirement' of a servo that does 350oz minimum is a bit of overkill... even 300oz will do just fine on this rig

You could give a try to the very cheap and very liked JX PDI brand

I dont have the MT410 but am running a Savox SV-1270TG in my Kraton. @ 6 volts the wheels will turn while standing still on the ground. Cant decide if I'm going to upgrade my TX/RX to a Futaba 3pv or just get a Castle BEC to turn up to 7.4 volts. The stock Arrma TX/RX craps out at 7.4 volts.

I choose the Savox SV-1270TG, it has a good performance and overall a good price/value rate according to comments of other users on FB groups
I, too, am using the Savox SV-1270TG. It is serving me and the MT very well. Some people have become unhappy with Savox in the past couple of years. Thankfully (crossing fingers), I have not had any bad luck with Savox. Good thing, too, because I have a BUNCH of them!

Im currently running the savox 1210 in mine, i think im going to run a jx 30kg next if this one doesnt last

i run a hitec 7950 and while the power is there i find the response to be a little on the slow side... think i would prefer a futaba bls172 or something... 34kg of servo power! hahaha

Savox 1270tg. The Savox 1283sg puts out a ton of torque if you are using a RTR combo only capable of pushing 6V out of the BEC.

I have a Blue Bird 28A in my Kraton and it's been swell. Only 40-50 euros.

I recently learned that with 1/8 cars, you want to get a servo that is no faster than 0.12 s/60°... too fast of a servo under high torque demand will tend to strip gears regardless of the brand you run.

I've played the game of bouncing around between many brands of servos, and have learned the single most important factor in choosing a brand is to make sure replacement gear sets are easily found. For the most part, you can't go wrong with any name brand servo listed in the OP. there are some hidden gems out there like JX servos, but hard to recommend them because replacement gear sets are hard to find for them. I recently started running SRT servos in my 1/8 cars and they're doing great for me!

Bill D.! Great to see you here! You don't know me, but I consider you to be a mentor. I have read your posts and watched your videos for many years and have always been greatful for your unselfish help! This post reminds me of watching fascinating videos of you hanging weights from servos mounted to the edge of a table.

Here's an update on the Savox 1283SG in the MT410. If you use the Tekno servo horn, the horn hits the case of the servo. There's a raised ridge on the case of the TG1270 that prevents this from happening. Just an FYI because I know I mentioned that servo. Good thing I didn't plan on leaving it in the Tekno.:)

Running a Savox SA-1230 now. Happy with the TQ cause it was from a crawler but oh so slow.

This is the next servo i am going to try.
Promodeler 470
When are you planning on trying that? That servo has been on my radar for awhile as I've read really great things about it.

ProTek RC 370TBL --- Spent a lot on my MT, and still buying things. Not going to cut down on the servo now.

Bill D.! Great to see you here! You don't know me, but I consider you to be a mentor. I have read your posts and watched your videos for many years and have always been greatful for your unselfish help! This post reminds me of watching fascinating videos of you hanging weights from servos mounted to the edge of a table.

Thanks for the kind words man, didn't you use the same avatar on URC?

Recent Popular Liked

Back