• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410 2.0 New MT410 2.0 Being Released

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
MT410-20-King-Sling-Body.jpg

Last edited:
Well..seeing is believing right? Must be true then. I have seen the Tekno MT410-1 listed at HH and Tower, now listed at $799, and backordered..
Sounds great, except $799. If that's the price, no thank you.

Well..seeing is believing right? Must be true then. I have seen the Tekno MT410-1 listed at HH and Tower, now listed at $799, and backordered..
Sounds great, except $799. If that's the price, no thank you.
I see a MT410.3-1 listed on HH and Tower is the existing MT410 kit, do you have a link?

I see a MT410.3-1 listed on HH and Tower is the existing MT410 kit, do you have a link?
No, same as you're seeing I believe. Price is $799? Nevermind, I just checked, they updated the price.. here's a screenshot from the other day. Looks like the same MT410- as we know it.🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20231011-101249_Samsung Internet.jpg

I saw that and thought it was quite bizarre.
Yeah, HH website is still on the fritz..Tower is HH so..false alarm, sorry.
In other news, Tekno is showing parts for mt410/sct410 2.0.. might that be an indication ot an MT48 or MT410 2.0 on the horizon? 🤔😁🤷‍♂️

No, same as you're seeing I believe. Price is $799? Nevermind, I just checked, they updated the price.. here's a screenshot from the other day. Looks like the same MT410- as we know it.🤷‍♂️

View attachment 9898
Oh right, that's HH's pricing for "antiques" :LOL:

I have a pretty much bran new MT410 that I build and have ran once... I have some M2C stuff on it, castle mmx and 2200kv motor, protek 170tbl servo... I started getting into 5th scale and hardly touch the other stuff now.

I have a pretty much bran new MT410 that I build and have ran once... I have some M2C stuff on it, castle mmx and 2200kv motor, protek 170tbl servo... I started getting into 5th scale and hardly touch the other stuff now.
Gas or electric? I grew tired of the MT410 myself.. running on my track mostly nowadays, so I transplanted the MT onto an ET chassis. Much more funner for me now. We run 1/8 bashers on track with cheap truggy race tires. Don't handle like racers, but generally cheaper to buy and maintain.

Gas or electric? I grew tired of the MT410 myself.. running on my track mostly nowadays, so I transplanted the MT onto an ET chassis. Much more funner for me now. We run 1/8 bashers on track with cheap truggy race tires. Don't handle like racers, but generally cheaper to buy and maintain.
I have a gas Kraken Vekta.5 with a 34cc race ported motor and a HPI Baja 5B with a castle xlx2 and 800kv motor.

I have a gas Kraken Vekta.5 with a 34cc race ported motor and a HPI Baja 5B with a castle xlx2 and 800kv motor.
How is your Baja 5b flux doing? I am running the same electronics that you hve but I have been struggling with batteries... bought some CNHL 9500mah 4s pack, running 2 in series for 8s, seems like more than enough power, kept gearing at stock, and still I puffed one pack. What are you running? I tried running some taller gearing for about 50mph top speed, super fun, but everything got way too hot.

How is your Baja 5b flux doing? I am running the same electronics that you hve but I have been struggling with batteries... bought some CNHL 9500mah 4s pack, running 2 in series for 8s, seems like more than enough power, kept gearing at stock, and still I puffed one pack. What are you running? I tried running some taller gearing for about 50mph top speed, super fun, but everything got way too hot.
Wow, the 9500's can't keep up? Dang, must be pulling some serious amps? Maybe try some SMC'S or Onyx? Spendy but, you're already in deep $$$. No experience with that kinda power myself.

What connectors do your batteries have? This is straight from the castle website. Most of the people that I have seen post that their ESC went up into smoke were not using rated connectors.

NOTE: Due to the high power nature of the XLX2, you must use appropriately sized batteries and connectors. We recommend a minimum 150 amp connector for the XLX2; examples include Castle 6.5mm polarized, EC8 and QS8. DO NOT USE XT90, Traxxas, EC5/IC5 or any other connectors rated below 150 amps continuous.

Mine has held up pretty well. I do have some upgrades on it like FLM extended arms, Turtle Racing steering, Kraken Shocks in the rear, FLM rear shock tower.

Baja.jpeg
Baja build.jpeg

What connectors do your batteries have? This is straight from the castle website. Most of the people that I have seen post that their ESC went up into smoke were not using rated connectors.

NOTE: Due to the high power nature of the XLX2, you must use appropriately sized batteries and connectors. We recommend a minimum 150 amp connector for the XLX2; examples include Castle 6.5mm polarized, EC8 and QS8. DO NOT USE XT90, Traxxas, EC5/IC5 or any other connectors rated below 150 amps continuous.

Mine has held up pretty well. I do have some upgrades on it like FLM extended arms, Turtle Racing steering, Kraken Shocks in the rear, FLM rear shock tower.

View attachment 9908View attachment 9909
Nice rig! So you think under rated connectors would puff the battery? I have my doubts about that. Melted connectors, overheated esc or motor possibly. My understanding is batteries puff from being discharged too quickly. CNHL's are considered by many as decent batteries, I bought a set of 6200 100c 4s "racing" batteries for my Xmaxx (stock) and they were fine in it, but couldn't keep up in my TC Kronos on 4s, got too hot, didn't puff, but definitely hot. They won't balance out anymore, high ir in a couple cells.. I don't think CNHL's are any better than the rest of the Amazon batteries myself. Just okay, not great.🤷‍♂️

Nice rig! So you think under rated connectors would puff the battery? I have my doubts about that. Melted connectors, overheated esc or motor possibly. My understanding is batteries puff from being discharged too quickly. CNHL's are considered by many as decent batteries, I bought a set of 6200 100c 4s "racing" batteries for my Xmaxx (stock) and they were fine in it, but couldn't keep up in my TC Kronos on 4s, got too hot, didn't puff, but definitely hot. They won't balance out anymore, high ir in a couple cells.. I don't think CNHL's are any better than the rest of the Amazon batteries myself. Just okay, not great.🤷‍♂️
I honestly don't know what exactly causes a puffed battery... I did puff one up once thought buy being an idiot and cutting both wires at the same time when changing connectors. Boy did it scare the crap out of me.

Although I haven't tried CNHL, I'm inclined to agree with you, from my experience with Zeee batteries from Amazon, they are OK, and will run the car, but certainly not at it's optimal performance and they do tend to run a little hotter.

If you are looking for top quality/performance batteries, definitely look at Onyx RC power systems, even their stock LHB range perform very well, their Graphene packs are even better.

They need to announce soon. I am already one foot on Arrma boat.
Get both!! And don't stop there!!😂😂
I don't do brand loyalty myself. I have multiple offerings from each, along with Losi, Redcat, Thunder Tiger, Traxxas, Xray.. I really like them all. A bit sour over Thunder Tiger abandoning the business but what can ya do?
Tekno is a racing company, I find racing companies to make the best models, no suprise, but parts are more expensive. The plus side is they tend to last longer, at least for me. I just love rc's in general!!😁🍻

Recent Popular Liked

Back