• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410 2.0 New MT410 2.0 Being Released

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck troubleshooting.

Do you have pics of the build, electronics, wheels, setup you can share?

I'm curious what motor and battery (2,3 or 4s) and size pinion you were running when this break occurred. Definitely interesting and I wonder if you email Tekno support (with the pictures) to get their thoughts if perhaps they have a batch of weak tkr5153m. I have a couple mt410 (the original) and occasionally you would hear of folks on the tekno mt410 basher group "exploding" the spider gears in the center diff. Never happened to me personally but always made me wonder if bad/weak batches of some parts made it into kits.

Hobbywing 3665 3200kv, Max10 ESC, 13t pinion. Was doing shakedown runs with 2s, 3s primarily, and then for the heck of it tried a 4s pack for a few min.

I was mostly doing shakedown runs to get a feel for the truck, using the GPS to see what the speeds were, and monitoring motor temps. The breakage did happen with the 4s pack, but it was on flat ground while doing passes back and forth. I am struggling to understand how a 5mm thick metal post twisted apart when there was a center diff to take excess power to the front of the truck... it was basically 5mm metal post vs 100k-filled center diff.
No way a metal post should lose that fight.

I think it might be a bad part - there's that weird discoloration on the shaft (quite prominent in real life).

I might look into the option parts (marked as being "hardened") but that's over $100 just for a set of 4 gears (two diff pinions and two bevel gears).

Good luck troubleshooting.

Do you have pics of the build, electronics, wheels, setup you can share?

Sure will post later. Back end of the truck is apart but I can take a few pics.

can you post a close up shot of just the pinion where the break happened? It's hard to see in this one with the shadows and picture size. You can frequently identify material failure by the texture, color, and patterns where breakage occurred. That would give you a good idea whether there was a faulty part or just from shear stress.

can you post a close up shot of just the pinion where the break happened? It's hard to see in this one with the shadows and picture size. You can frequently identify material failure by the texture, color, and patterns where breakage occurred. That would give you a good idea whether there was a faulty part or just from shear stress.
Here are some very big pics (sorry for blowing up the thread):

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 12.17.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 12.17.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 12.30.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 12.30.33 PM.png

@Matthew_Armeni what would be the general recommendation on sway bar thickness for the box stock setup if we decide to add sway bars?
I would get the lighter packs of swaybars, TKR9577 for the front and TKR9593 for the rear. Start with 2.1 front and either 2.1 or 2.2 rear.

Definitely interesting. Due to the completely different color shading, with one looking like it's corroded, i would have to assume a faulty part. The darker side has the usual signs of stress fracture and tearing, but that means only about half of the pinion shaft was intact when it broke. I would definitely reach out to tekno with these pictures. Best of luck!

Went with the monsterX 1512 2650 combo….little to no real estate to spare. 2200 definitely will not fit without a smaller esc
IMG_2463.jpeg

looks great. How does it run with those wheels and motor combo? I’m curious about handling in corners (grass and dirt) in particular.

I’ll let you know
i havent had a chance to get a run in as of yet. The dirt on the badlands is from a different rig

looks great. How does it run with those wheels and motor combo? I’m curious about handling in corners (grass and dirt) in particular.
These MX Badlands balloon much worse than the LP backflips I run on my 1.0
Runs great on dirt lots of traction on grass. I didn’t get any traction rolls but she would lift the inside front tire at full lock with some pace.

Last edited:
These MX Badlands balloon much worse than the LP backflips I run on my 1.0
Runs great on dirt lots of traction on grass. I didn’t get any traction rolls but she would lift the inside front tire at full lock with some pace.
Are you running regular 2.8 MX Badlands? I’m contemplating using the belted 2.8 MX Badlands w/ the aluminum hex adapters from proline for 4s power. I think the belted are just a tad narrower than the normal MX Badlands.

Yeah regular 2.8 MX Badlands. I did pick up a belted set but I haven’t ran them yet

I pulled the trigger on the kit. I'm wondering if any truggy / buggyish style bodies will fit on the MT410 2.0? Looking for something lower profile than the typical trucks.

Recent Popular Liked

Back