• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My mt410 pre build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGESOUL

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Hey guys my 4 year old and I are new to the rc world, we got our first rc about 6 weeks ago it was a used brushless traxxas slash 2wd for a 100 bucks with batterys and a charger (just nimh) we beat on it pretty hard and have managed to break it everytime we take it out. We want something tougher. And the mt410 sounds like a good buy

Needs: something that wont overheat in thick grass at high speed (50-60mph top) in 120 degree weather, I have a local reservoir with a huge beach so power to get through beach sand, and water proof for when my son wrecks I to the water. we have a few mx tracks that have huge jumps and larger rocks so good ground clearance/large tires, 30min run times.

What's a good esc motor option? Hobby wing max 5 or 6 and a tp motor maybe? Something that I don't have to worry about getting hot.

Best transmitter/receiver for the money

Can I make the mx43 badlands fit?

So far I'm thinking
  • Mt410 kit
  • Et48 extended chassis with the rear drive line
  • Proline raptor body with a DIY paint job I have air brushes
  • T bone basher front bumper
  • T bone rear wheelie bar
  • Savox servo
  • Aluminum servo horn
  • 2x Smc 7200 mah 4s if they fit
  • Pro 160w duo charger???
I am very open to suggestions and I want to buy stuff to grow into I plan on getting a boat soon and a plane I the future, I have a good budget

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a pretty good list there. With the 120 degree temps, wanting it to run cold and a good budget, take a look at Overkill’s threads with the Cordova motor. He says it has crazy power and runs cold...pricey though.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/my-slow-truggy.176/

Which Savox servo are you thinking? With the Savox you want to be sure to have an ESC with a strong BEC. I run the 1210SG Savox and push 7.4V to it through my MMX and it has done well.

The SMC bats are a good choice. You should see at least 30 minutes of straight out hard running. I can get an hour out of my 7600’s.

Do you have a TX and RX picked out? Make sure your receiver can handle HV as well do power your servo. I run a cheapie Tactic TTX300 with a TR326 RX that is HV. You can get the pair for $75 but since you have some money to drop you may as well get a Futaba system or the like.

Also, in regards to transmitter selection, you probably want to get one that can easily adjust throttle output and speed if your some will be driving it.....or buy one of the new unbreakabke bodies that are out now because if there is a tree in the middle of a 10 acre lot, he will find it and hit it at full throttle like there was a magnetic force pulling them together lol

Thanks mongoose, I was actually thinking the same one you have the 1210sg. Sounds like cordova is the way to go http://www.poseidonrc.com/brushless-motor.html
With big tires running 4s think the 1500kv 40mmX91mm would work or is it too long? Overkill's can is 83mm I think

As far as the esc goes I would like to go big so it's not working hard/overheating the hobbywing max 6 has a 6/7.2v bec at 6a. So I think it will push the hv servo. Any idea if a max 6 esc and a 40x91 can will fit in the truggy length mt410?

I do not have a tx/rx picked out the futaba 4pv seems nice but is there other brands that are a better value? Don't want to pay for a name.

@SAVAGESOUL going with the 4PV isn't a bad decision at all as it's a really nice radio, but if you are just looking at saving a few bucks then the Futaba 4PLS is another great solution.

In my opinion your kinda asking for the holy grail in rc, 50 too 60 mph and 30 min run times on 120 degree outside temps, you might have too sacrifice some speed too keep your run time up and temps down, 45 mph is actually pretty fast if just bashing around, if you are doing speed runs you could get away with what you want doing 3 or 4 passes then letting your car cool down.

I would not put the mx43 badlands on your mt410 I will not even run them on my x-maxx anymore, they are very heavy with stiff compound, and could cause a lot of issues in the drive train, 2nd they are taller than the suspension can handle when fully compressed you risk the chance of popping out the dog bone end of the cvd from the outdrive cup, unless you put some kind of suspension travel limiter....

EDIT... I am unfamiliar with the mt410 suspension, and why people choose too ho with the mt410 on the et48 chassis, I thought it was the same as the et48, but maybe it has more suspension travel??...

If you are running on sand and water I would look into a full set of traxxas new 3.8 paddle tires, I run the ones for my x-maxx on all terrains except asphalt and concrete.

Waterproofing is pretty easy with a lot of w.p electronics on the market, the main thing is the bearings, I live in wa st all my rcs are w.p including my own method for treating the bearings, soaking them in corrosion-x then packing them with marine grease I can get thru fall winter and spring off that one treatment, but running in Sand you might as well skip water proofing your bearings and plan on cleaning your bearings after every run.

Hobbywing max6 is a great esc, guys run small 5th scale systems with it.

Last edited:
Yea I figured the mx43 would be too big, what would be the biggest mt tire it can handle safely? I'll look in to the paddles

And your right 50 plus is crazy speeds 45-50 would be plenty fast for me. And yea some people run the max 6 in the x maxx, so I figure it wont overheat in a truck half the weight.

I’m not sure which biggest tires you will be able to run. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that for you. Just keep in mind that the chassis’s of these trucks are designed to hit the floor when landing from jumps so the components don’t over travel and break. The tires that come to mind are the “trencher 40 series”. These tires are tall and look outstanding, but they have zero offset and will need a hub extension to not rub on must bodies while turning.

I been tossing around the idea of running the new traxxas e-revo 2.0 Talon EXT tires on my et48 I forget height and width specs on them but believe they are a taller wider tire than typical 3.8 tires, so I need too look into them further.

I had the proline rock rages on my Kraton and absolutely lover them but I did a lot of work on them too keep them from ballooning, I sewed 5 rows of fishing line into the tires which worked great, I unfortunately sold them with my summit because it needed tires and wheels.. maybe someone else has an idea for taller tires.

Last edited:
Awesome I went to my LHS an took a look at the trenchers they are just shy of 7in diameter so I'll go with those.
Does anyone know its it's possible to fit a hobbywing max 6 70x56x46 and a cordova 1440 40x104 in a et48.3 chassis?

I would think it would fit as long as you use an ESC plate like the one here.

B234D0DE-770E-493C-A968-7847A22364AA.jpeg

Awesome, I found his face book page thanks! Germans have always made nice stuff.

So anyone finding any good memorial day sales on tekno stuff?

Recent Popular Liked

Back