• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My slow truggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overkill

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
This is my grass destroyer. I started with a TP 4070 1440kv, then went to a Poseidon 1527 1500kv, and now I'm running a Cordova 1440 2000kv. I really like the higher kv motor from Cordova, the power is so violent and it runs so cool.

Cordova 1440 motor, 40x102mm, 631g, 2000kv
Yeah Racing heat sink/fans/shields
Castle 8mm & 6.5mm bullets, 8awg wires
20-25T pinion

Cordova1440.png

Castle MMX ESC
R1 Wurks fan, 30x30x15mm, 10g of thrust @ 8.4v
This fan blows a ton more air than the stock unit.

MMXFan.png

The Proline Badlands are belted with fish line braid, which means zero ballooning. Without this, the tires would instantly explode.

BeltedTire.png

I'm running the Losi HD center diff in this one. It has metal inserts for durability and holds a lot more fluid than the stock Tekno case. The stock Tekno center diff turns into lava with this amount of power. This was installed a long time ago, before the M2C Tekno aluminum cases came out.

LosiHDCenterDiff.png

I'm running the Turnigy Graphene 6S 5000mah 65C batteries. This battery can handle the massive amount of current produced and doesn't run hot.

Poseidon1527.png

A low sitting front end and T-Bone wheelie bar keeps this truggy under control.

ET48-3.png

I have a T-Bone bumper on the front incase any small animals get in the way :)

ET48-2.png

ah, i hadnt seen your Cordova motor upgrade. never heard of em. where can I learn more about this brand?

WOW @Overkill, that is one very clean looking build. Super nice man!

Is the Losi HD center differential a direct drop-in or was any modifications needed?

ah, i hadnt seen your Cordova motor upgrade. never heard of em. where can I learn more about this brand?
They're built very well. More info can be found on their FB page and here https://www.yourbatterybuddy.com/index.php/viper-motors-esc/cordova-motors.html

WOW @Overkill, that is one very clean looking build. Super nice man!

Is the Losi HD center differential a direct drop-in or was any modifications needed?
Thanks. It's a direct fit.

ah cool. why the switch from the TP4070? just wanted to try something new? these are spendy... they look better built though, look super nice!
My original TP 4070 busted the end cap open when I was driving on a BMX track. While I was waiting for replacement parts I ordered the Poseidon 1527 and ran that for a while. I wanted to try a higher kv motor and found a good deal on the Cordova. Cordova is well known for stuffing the most amount of copper wire that can physically fit inside the can.

Isn't that a 6S softpack? Stock tray?
Yes and yes.

This is my grass destroyer. I started with a TP 4070 1440kv, then went to a Poseidon 1527 1500kv, and now I'm running a Cordova 1440 2000kv. I really like the higher kv motor from Cordova, the power is so violent and it runs so cool.

20-25T pinion

View attachment 169

Castle MMX ESC

View attachment 172

The Proline Badlands are belted with fish line braid, which means zero ballooning. Without this, the tires would instantly explode.

View attachment 170

I'm running the Losi HD center diff in this one. It has metal inserts for durability and holds a lot more fluid than the stock Tekno case. The stock Tekno center diff turns into lava with this amount of power. This was installed a long time ago, before the M2C Tekno aluminum cases came out.

View attachment 171

I'm running the Turnigy Graphene 6S 5000mah 65C batteries. This battery can handle the massive amount of current produced and doesn't run hot.

View attachment 173

View attachment 174

View attachment 168
Hi. Curious as to where you get the 8.4v to run the R1 fan? Or do you run it through the RX on 7.4? I am installing a Castle 1717 and heard the ESC heats up. Not a Cordovan, but should get the job done on 6s. I too have the Losu center diff set up. Works well. Thanks.

I’m glad to see this build here with pics because a lot of them don’t show on the other site.

Love this build man...you should link the Air Time video in here....that front flip is awesome! The bmx track vids really show off just how graceful this thing flys and lands.

If anybody hasn’t seen them you guys should check them out because they really show how well the back end follows the front.

It seems like you were the pioneer when it comes to a Tekno used for bashing...really helped sell me on it.

How have the gears held up to the Cordova so far? You have had a good amount of runtime with it and I’m curious if the gears are handling the power like they would 4S power.

Hi. Curious as to where you get the 8.4v to run the R1 fan? Or do you run it through the RX on 7.4? I am installing a Castle 1717 and heard the ESC heats up. Not a Cordovan, but should get the job done on 6s. I too have the Losu center diff set up. Works well. Thanks.
I'm running it @ 7.4V through the receiver, that's just their advertised rating. That's a good motor.

I’m glad to see this build here with pics because a lot of them don’t show on the other site.

Love this build man...you should link the Air Time video in here....that front flip is awesome! The bmx track vids really show off just how graceful this thing flys and lands.

If anybody hasn’t seen them you guys should check them out because they really show how well the back end follows the front.

It seems like you were the pioneer when it comes to a Tekno used for bashing...really helped sell me on it.

How have the gears held up to the Cordova so far? You have had a good amount of runtime with it and I’m curious if the gears are handling the power like they would 4S power.
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. (y) I'll post up my other truggy at some point. They fly very well! The diffs can handle anything, they're in great shape. I've started to use red Loctite on the rear diff pinion set screw, I've had the blue let go before.

20-25T pinion

View attachment 169

Castle MMX ESC

View attachment 172

View attachment 170

View attachment 171

View attachment 173

View attachment 174

View attachment 168
Where do you buy poseidon or cordova motors ? I can't find any online shop that sell them

Recent Popular Liked

Back