• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 / pre-build, pre-order post for suggestions and feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mind if i ask which 4092 motor?
IMG_7901.jpg

Rocket RC 1650kV. The things a monster on 4s with the larger tires. Rolling backflips, standing backflips, etc.. I had to limit the power using the castle aux feature to 80%. I can still get it really hot though with a 20t pinion.

View attachment 6349
Rocket RC 1650kV. The things a monster on 4s with the larger tires. Rolling backflips, standing backflips, etc.. I had to limit the power using the castle aux feature to 80%. I can still get it really hot though with a 20t pinion.
Nice, i like the tires, which one are they?
And why did you mount the ESC that way?
It looks like it was probably the only option? Or is that also defaut for the kit?
I ask as i hadnt noticed that on any other MT410's.

I got the 1515 motor, let me know what heat sink you find.

I got the 1515 motor, let me know what heat sink you find.
I'll do my best to remember.
Im probably going to build it and see just how hot it runs first.
Then if its getting too close to 200 i'll look into a heatsink or possibly fan/heatsink as required.
I dont have the kit yet, and i'll have to build it.
Figure at least 3 weeks before i'll know what i'm doing.
Feel free to buzz me and check in.
So far i can't really find much for heatsinks, but i didn't look to hard either.
Might be finding a way to make my own.
Anyway, hollar at me in about 3 or 4 weeks and i'd be happy to let you know where i'm at on the subject.

thanks man, I got an mt410 since the covid crap started . . . gave up looking for a heatsink didn't think anything would fit with the m2c chassis brace. Anyway, good luck, take your time enjoy the build.

thanks man, I got an mt410 since the covid crap started . . . gave up looking for a heatsink didn't think anything would fit with the m2c chassis brace. Anyway, good luck, take your time enjoy the build.
Yeah i was getting the feeling that a heatsink without fan is going to be hard to find. I may just order something with a fan and see how it works, without the fan. It will depend on the temps im seeing once its moving.

Nice, i like the tires, which one are they?
And why did you mount the ESC that way?
It looks like it was probably the only option? Or is that also defaut for the kit?
I ask as i hadnt noticed that on any other MT410's.
Those are Badlands MX38 but they're the older style wheel, they're discontinued. I happened to get lucky and find a new set on eBay.

With such a long motor there's no more space for the ESC between the motor and servo so the ESC needs to be relocated. I opted to make my own mount and put it on top of the motor. It works really well so far.

I wrote more about my build here:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/long-can-mt410-build.2112/

Recent Popular Liked

Back