• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mod or 13.5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WdotDynamite

Reaction score
What do you guys prefer to run your EB410 in? I run 13.5. With the new motors out now this thing is plenty fast in 13.5.

What about you?

At my club the only class available is 13.5T, we have up tp a D Main full of entries and that's by far the most popular class at the club.... it's prestigious just to make it into the A Main.

For bigger race events they include Mod but don't typically have enough entries to fill a B Main... I actually raced my 13.5T in both mod and stock classes at the last event and my 13.5T was just as competitive with the mod cars so I don't really see the point in running mod for the 1/10 turf track in our area.

As an experiment they hosted a 1/10 Mod Buggy class on the 1/8 dirt track and that was a blast... I ran a 5.5T motor in my EB410 and was able to pass nitro buggies down the straight during open practice, it was hilarious! I'm seriously considering getting a second EB410 just to have as a mod setup to run on the big track if they decide to make that class a regular thing.

I plan to run mine with a 13.5T when I get it built up as well.

8.5t found this to be the best option for a large track, geared up and the buggy flew

I prefer open mod because the 13.5 and stock classes always just seem to end up about who cheats the best to bend the rules the most with their 13.5 setup
Probably true lol.

I run Tekin Spec-R 13.5 in my clay and carpet cars and may add a third for Mod... but the SpecR 13.5 is a missile and I like how competitive it is in stock class.
I dont think i would ever stop running in the stock 13.5 class... a mod car for clay just sounds and looks fun.

Recent Popular Liked

Back