• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Body mounting post mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sissy lettice

Reaction score
After bashing up a granite for the last year decided I was ready to step up, and I found a MT410 on ebay that had the 2 things I wanted.
-Castle/MonsterX combo
-M2C Upgrades
And it had basically never been driven. Certainly not abused.
I thought the MT410 was supposed to be indestructible, but I was a bit surprised when the body posts broke off within the first 15 mins on 3S. After searching here I see it's one of the most common problems.
Thought I'd list my mod for the rear posts
I was able to use this Pro-Line product : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0090TO12U?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Only required drilling 2 holes in the rear tower and cutting off the ends of the original post mounts.
Of note, this results in the post location being almost identical to stock location.
I have had 2 pretty intense bashing sessions with this config on the rear and the stock setup on the front. I'd say problem solved so far.
Next up is probably a front bumper from what I'm reading here...

-
IMG_0742.jpeg
IMG_0747.jpeg

IMG_0744.jpeg

IMG_0745.jpeg

I thought the MT410 was supposed to be indestructible,

There's no such thing. If you run into stuff or tumble them at speed something is likely to give. They all break. I think I've broken the body post twice in 5 or six years, not a big deal. I'd rather break a body post than bend a shock tower.

Looks like a great solution to the stock junk. I say junk because I've never broken body posts in another of the dozen vehicles i currently own or have owned in the past, except for on the MT410. Just a lousy design. The Arrma and TLR mounts have been through a lot of crashes and held up even when the bodies were ripped off of the vehicles. So far my solution to the Tekno mounts has been zipties and tape. Lol Thanks for adding the link to what you purchased, I've added that to my RC wish list.

Looks like a great solution to the stock junk. I say junk because I've never broken body posts in another of the dozen vehicles i currently own or have owned in the past, except for on the MT410. Just a lousy design. The Arrma and TLR mounts have been through a lot of crashes and held up even when the bodies were ripped off of the vehicles. So far my solution to the Tekno mounts has been zipties and tape. Lol Thanks for adding the link to what you purchased, I've added that to my RC wish list.
The go big or go home M2C kit holds the body mounts between the shock tower and the tower brace. It’s a great solution and makes the original design significantly more durable.

Let’s not forget the OG MT410 was likely assembled with existing SCT410.3 and ET48.3 parts only that were never meant to be heavily bashed. I would bet the Tekno team was blown away by the success of the model.

The better alternative was to replace the OG body mount system with the Arrma body mounts/ posts that were directly bolted to the tower (vertically). This is what you get when you get the beefier M2C towers for the OG MT410.

The new MT410 2.0 does not apparently inherit the body mounting parts (nor the bumpers) from the SCT 2.0 and both newer systems seem to have been significantly beefed up.

PS: let me know if you need picks, i can post details tomorrow.

Last edited:
The go big or go home M2C kit holds the body mounts between the shock tower and the tower brace. It’s a great solution and makes the original design significantly more durable.

Let’s not forget the OG MT410 was likely assembled with existing SCT410.3 and ET48.3 parts only that were never meant to be heavily bashed. I would bet the Tekno team was blown away by the success of the model.

The better alternative was to replace the OG body mount system with the Arrma body mounts/ posts that were directly bolted to the tower (vertically). This is what you get when you get the beefier M2C towers for the OG MT410.

The new MT410 2.0 does not apparently inherit the body mounting parts (nor the bumpers) from the SCT 2.0 and both newer systems seem to have been significantly beefed up.

PS: let me know if you need picks, i can post details tomorrow.
Yup, my mod worked great for the rear, but the front was a little flakey. Just couldn't find a good way to secure it to the front tower, and yesterday it caused 2 cracks in my freshly painted body. I'm having so much fun with this truck that I put an order in for m2c towers with the Arrma body posts. I don't want to drill new holes, but now that my body is cracked anyway... I won't be so sad about it.
Has anyone modded the arrma posts to use pro-line "thumbwashers" instead of clips?
IMG_0844.jpegIMG_0845.jpegIMG_0843.jpeg
an

Yup, my mod worked great for the rear, but the front was a little flakey. Just couldn't find a good way to secure it to the front tower, and yesterday it caused 2 cracks in my freshly painted body. I'm having so much fun with this truck that I put an order in for m2c towers with the Arrma body posts. I don't want to drill new holes, but now that my body is cracked anyway... I won't be so sad about it.
Has anyone modded the arrma posts to use pro-line "thumbwashers" instead of clips?
View attachment 10248View attachment 10249View attachment 10250
an
That I have not seen. A mod of a mod, lol.

Recent Popular Liked

Back