• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Best way to accurately drill mounting holes in unbreakable russian body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papi Chingon

Reaction score
I knew that a standard body wouldn't last through too many bash sessions so instead I ordered the rc maniacs unbreakable body. Now my dilemma is how do I best determine where to drill holes since I can't see through it? I've done this before with painted bodies, and all I needed to do was use a light source (flashlight or puck light) pointing up from the chassis and then I could see exactly where body mounts were. That isn't the case with this thick body. Anyone have experience with this?

I knew that a standard body wouldn't last through too many bash sessions so instead I ordered the rc maniacs unbreakable body. Now my dilemma is how do I best determine where to drill holes since I can't see through it? I've done this before with painted bodies, and all I needed to do was use a light source (flashlight or puck light) pointing up from the chassis and then I could see exactly where body mounts were. That isn't the case with this thick body. Anyone have experience with this?
What I did for mine was put some liquid paper or lithium grease on top of the body posts and got the body in position before letting the body down. That made enough of a dot on the inside that I was able to mark it with a permanent marker. Also, I used drill bits for mine instead of my body reamer. The material is "gummy" and didn't cut so well with the reamer.

If you have a stock body on hand, just put it on top of the black unbreakable one, and drill right through. This is what I did (with the same body you mention) and it worked perfectly.

I don't have a stock body, so unfortunately that isn't an option. When I bought the kit I knew I was going to be taking this truck to hell and back, so I went with the Russian body right off the bat.

well, I was not that smart. I've just about destroyed my body and ready for a russian one. How do you like it?

well, I was not that smart. I've just about destroyed my body and ready for a russian one. How do you like it?
With the whole COVID situation, that purchase experience is becoming quite ugly. 3 month shipping... received the wrong color, terrible finish quality...

I just hate bad mouthing a business, the fact is I ordered a total of 8 bodies from ProbodyRC (1 individual order on ebay and 2 group orders) and have gotten only issues. 3 month shipment! Wrong color delivered and expected me to ship it back to Russia in order to replace the body. out of 8 bodies, 2 had ugly defects and should never have made it through QA. Finally, terrible customer service. They will never get my business again, still waiting for them to fix a quality problem on my last shipment.

I would go the route of a Proline Bash Armor body.

With the whole COVID situation, that purchase experience is becoming quite ugly. 3 month shipping... received the wrong color, terrible finish quality...

I just hate bad mouthing a business, the fact is I ordered a total of 8 bodies from ProbodyRC (1 individual order on ebay and 2 group orders) and have gotten only issues. 3 month shipment! Wrong color delivered and expected me to ship it back to Russia in order to replace the body. out of 8 bodies, 2 had ugly defects and should never have made it through QA. Finally, terrible customer service. They will never get my business again, still waiting for them to fix a quality problem on my last shipment.

I would go the route of a Proline Bash Armor body.

That’s a bummer and a complete PITA. I ordered one from RCManiacs and while it had the same shipping delay, at least I received the correct color!

I have a body from both companies and while the materials are very similar the finishes are VERY different. While my probody is holding up well to the abuse I don’t think I would order another one.
The RCManiacs body is much smoother and much more detailed. If it holds up I would consider getting another, IMO that is the better product between the two companies.

That’s a bummer and a complete PITA. I ordered one from RCManiacs and while it had the same shipping delay, at least I received the correct color!

I have a body from both companies and while the materials are very similar the finishes are VERY different. While my probody is holding up well to the abuse I don’t think I would order another one.
The RCManiacs body is much smoother and much more detailed. If it holds up I would consider getting another, IMO that is the better product between the two companies.
Great feedback! Thanks

Recent Popular Liked

Back