• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Best grease for r/p's inside the plastic gear boxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chozwoz

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Driving Style
Racer
Can I get away with some high temp automotive wheel bearing grease for cars or should I use the "Black" grease everyone refers to? This for lubricating the ring and pinion gears inside the f/r gearboxes/bulkheads. What other greases work well for this. Thanks!

Wheel bearing grease is fine. Use whatever you already have. I have Lucas read and tacky. It's just a toy.

+1 to using whatever you have, though I prefer white lithium grease to get a better idea of knowing how well it's holding up, seeing it remain white between rebuilds increases my confidence that I have a quality product in use, more info here:

+1 to using whatever you have, though I prefer white lithium grease to get a better idea of knowing how well it's holding up, seeing it remain white between rebuilds increases my confidence that I have a quality product in use, more info here:

+1 on the white lithium grease for ring and pinions. It's also low tack so it helps create a free driveline.

+1 on the white lithium grease for ring and pinions. It's also low tack so it helps create a free driveline.
Was re-assembling the rear gear box tonight, 1 shim on the gear side. After tightening everything up as evenly as I could I noticed the r/p gear noise would get louder at a certain spot when spinning the pinion outdrive. Other than that it's nearly silent but then there's this one spot where it gets noticeable and you can feel the teeth. Could my steel ring gear diff cover be warped or bent somehow? I even took the gear box back apart, loosened the screws on the ring gear and then slowly retightened in a star pattern to get it as flat and evenly tightened as I could. Or is this negligible and don't sweat it? I can't tell with bad eyes and I did get the chassis used...

Recent Popular Liked

Back