• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Best bearings for EB48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chozwoz

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Driving Style
Racer
Who makes the best bearings for an EB48? Coming from the 1/10 on-road touring car world alot of us use unsealed (open) steel bearings, ceramic/steel hybrids or some nutcases go full ceramic bearings which are ridiculously expensive. I imagine ceramics won't hold up very long because they are so hard and don't have much resistance to shock loads and impact. Who makes the best replacement bearings for in the dirt outside off road racing? Thanks!

I try and find ABEC5 rubber shielded bearings for running in dusty conditions. Avid, Acer, Boca, Fushi, TRB RC,... I've tried a bunch. There is nothing that I've tried that stands out as being terrible. Have a look at J&T Bearings as they have different types/packages to meet different needs. That's my next stop when my current ball bearing supply gets low.

I have not tried Fast Eddy, Jim's Bearings, or Winter Evening bearings, because I suspect they are all the same bearings just like TRB RC, or Advantage Racing (closed up shop?) offerings.

I have not tried Fast Eddy, Jim's Bearings, or Winter Evening bearings, because I suspect they are all the same bearings just like TRB RC, or Advantage Racing (closed up shop?) offerings.
Heard many bad things about Fast Eddy and his bearings...

I've not had the pleasure of owning the 2.1, but the included universals use 12x21x5mm bearings on the inner spindle/hubs got to be more durable than 15x21x4mm bearings (if using CVDs). Moving forward, I vote for outlawing 15x21x4mm bearings in 1/8 scale off-road RCs 😆 👍:cool:. That 15x21x4mm size bearing has to endure a lot. I can't tell you how many I've had blown apart over the years.

If someone knows the best 15x21x4mm bearing out there, I'd like to know, 'cause I'm not ready to move to uni's just yet.

Last edited:
I've not had the pleasure of owning the 2.1, but the included universals use 12x21x5mm bearings on the inner spindle/hubs got to be more durable than 15x21x4mm bearings (if using CVDs). Moving forward, I vote for outlawing 15x21x4mm bearings in 1/8 scale off-road RCs 😆 👍:cool:. That 15x21x4mm size bearing has to endure a lot. I can't tell you how many I've had blow over the years.

If someone knows the best 15x21x4mm bearing out there, I'd like to know, 'cause I'm not ready to move to uni's just yet.
Unis are the way to go :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back