• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What radio gear are you using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still using my stock traxxas tqi radio

you usually get what you pay for but those cheap flyskys/turnigy radios are generally fine for most bash use. I had one when i got back into RC and it actually interferred with my Wi-Fi router! I gave it away to a friend who also had one that suddenly died after only a few months. Every time i buy cheap i end up buying twice. For just a bit more money you can get a "low end" Futaba etc and never have any issues. it always kills me to see someone who builds a $1k rig and uses a $35 flysky radio. lol

Reactions: Hye
it always kills me to see someone who builds a $1k rig and uses a $35 flysky radio. lol

I'm gonna do it just to drive you crazy:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I started racing back in 2010 with FlySky, but gave them up due to Rx's going bad in dusty 1/8 track conditions with big jumps.

I then went to Spektrum which proved to be worse with intermittent glitching/range issues.

I then went to Radiolink which was decent, never had any performance issues, but system lacked ergos, I needed to pony up to a luxury system.

I then went to Radiopost which was "okay" for the most part, but would experience range issues until I switched to 2S in the Tx and a bunch of other annoyances led me to sell the system

I replaced it with KO Propo EX2 and it was better, but would start to glitch about once a month if I didn't re-calibrate the Rx and it was a pain because I was racing 10 classes at the time which made it VERY impractical

Finally I switched to a Graupner X-8N and it's been nearly flawless for me since. Rx's average $25 after Tower discount and they offer a 2 year warranty... which came in handy after my trigger broke at 13 months of use, they sent a replacement trigger which was easy to install, they also gave the option to send the radio into them, but I opted to replace it myself. I then modified my radio with a custom backstop to prevent the trigger from breaking again. I got the idea from the X-8E which is a newer system that comes with a back stop. I'm now 2.5 years into owning the system and it has stood the test of time for me with no plans to switch brands anytime soon :)

I'm running a FlySky GT3C for my crawlers. I use a Sanwa MX-V for touring, buggies, monster trucks.

So I switched from my MX-V to the Futaba 3PV and it's much more to my personal liking. Time to get the MX-V put back in the original box and up for sale.

I usea Spektrum DX6R. Spektrum has a lot of haters but I have had good experiences with them. I did have a couple issues with it at first, but has been great since.

Im using a futaba 3pv seems pretty good quality, still waiting on parts to finish my build
That is also what I run. I just liked the small size of it, along with the feel. I tried my friend's 4pls and almost got one of those but I felt like the 3pv did what I needed it to do and had a smaller feel. Plus it is less confusing. I know there are far nicer radios out there, but I just got what seemed to fit my needs w/o breaking the budget.

That is also what I run. I just liked the small size of it, along with the feel. I tried my friend's 4pls and almost got one of those but I felt like the 3pv did what I needed it to do and had a smaller feel. Plus it is less confusing. I know there are far nicer radios out there, but I just got what seemed to fit my needs w/o breaking the budget.

I really like the look and price of the 3pv, currently my 3pl is fine but i have the itch...
i had a 4pl and the one feature it has that the 3pv doesn't that i really like is the throttle speed adjustment, essentially 'punch control' right on the radio instead of having to program the ESC. most people probably just leave it off but i like to have it to reduce wheelspin and take it easy on the drivetrain and battery.

I'd feel weird going to a spektrum radio since they are part of horizon hobby like Losi, etc... it's like putting a chevy motor into a ford.

DX4R Pro. Got it for free in a contest and wouldn't trade it for the world. So many options.... so exotic feeling...

I've had three spektrum radios, two I no longer have and one I have for my son's Stampede. While none of them have been horrible, I'm so much happier with my Futaba. I love the feel of the Futaba 4PL, features, range and just everything about it seems right. I made the switch when I got into 1/5th scale RC's and was having issues with interference on the Spektrums - no issues with Futaba.

I have a KO Propo EX-10 and it is hands down the best radio I have ever used. the feel of the radio with the offset wheel is just natural to me. the response speed is crazy. If you ever go to a quick response radio and servos to match, you just about cant drive a slower radio. it will feel like it takes forever to turn or give throttle.

great now this thread has me looking to upgrade my 3pl and get back into a 4pl(s) ... thanks guys

I went with Futaba after issues with a gasoline boat. Only futaba would reliably work on the gasser. Seemed that others just couldn’t get to the receiver when at or below the water surface. For me, that was the ultimate test.

Im using a futaba 3pv seems pretty good quality, still waiting on parts to finish my build

What receiver did your pv3 come with? I cant decide on if I need the telemetry system with the 3pv or not. From what I understand the Telemetry system is a bit slower than non Telemetry, but would it be noticeable enough to worry about?

Is the futuba rx waterproof? Any range issues?

I don’t seem to have great range on the spektrum for my Kraton buuuut it does fit in the arrma box I might run in the mt410

@WoodiE - do you run all your cars from the one receiver?
The Futaba receiver is not waterproof, but I made mine waterproof easily by applying conformal. Simply take the top and bottom off of the receiver, apply liberally, and snap back together. Voila - waterproof! See https://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemicals...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7VCTJZB1EDFGZDNK0DHC

Also, you can run multiple Futaba receivers with the one transmitter. I use the Futaba 4PLS as I mentioned in another post in this thread with the R304SB receivers.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back