• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

new to electric need battery/radio/charger combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srichter

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of trying to buy an eb48 2.0. it needs a front cv rebuild and it also needs a battery/radio/charger. can someone steer me in the right direction of what works. the motor on it is the skyrc 2000kv with a powerhdr25 servo. not sure what the esc is.

thanks!

Well, that’s a really cool buggy for starters.

i personally like Sanwa radio. I run their MT-S, which runs the same radio module than the higher end models (same speed) but has less fancyness and channels.

For batteries, it is all over the place. You can spend as much money as you want to. gensacearespammers is an OEM and good value. SMC has a good mid range reputation. I wouldn’t bother too much with high ends, but there is plenty to choose from.

ichargers are the best. Hitec and Ultra Power have great stuff too. For 4s batteries, you need at least 100W per channel and two channels is a minimum IMO.

Last edited:
Well, that’s a really cool buggy for starters.

i personally like Sanwa radio. I run their MT-S, which runs the same radio module than the higher end models (same speed) but has less fancyness and channels.

For batteries, it is all over the place. You can spend as much money as you want to. gensacearespammers is an OEM and good value. SMC has a good mid range reputation. I wouldn’t bother too much with high ends, but there is plenty to choose from.

ichargers are the best. Hitec and Ultra Power have great stuff too. For 4s batteries, you need at least 100W per channel and two channels is a minimum IMO.
thanks for the input. what do you mean for 4s batteries I need 100w per channel?

thanks for the input. what do you mean for 4s batteries I need 100w per channel?
4s means your nominal voltage is ~15V.

Since P = U x I, 100W / 15V = ~7A which is going to be your max amperage.
50W means you’re going to max out at 3.5A. That’s going to be really short in order to have quick charging times.

4s means your nominal voltage is ~15V.

Since P = U x I, 100W / 15V = ~7A which is going to be your max amperage.
50W means you’re going to max out at 3.5A. That’s going to be really short in order to have quick charging times.
are you saying that I need a charger with a max amperage of more than 7A to get quicker charges? sorry this is quite confusing for me. what should I look for in a charger?

are you saying that I need a charger with a max amperage of more than 7A to get quicker charges? sorry this is quite confusing for me. what should I look for in a charger?
Since P = U x I, 100W / 15V = ~7A which is going to be your max amperage. ?

Recent Popular Liked

Back