• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What radio gear are you using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3 RC

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
What’s everyone running? Waterproof rx or some sealed rx box?

For years I used stock radio's that came with RTR's, then moved up to a Spektrum radio and a few years ago made the leap to a Futaba 4PL.

One of my best purchases in RC for sure. Well worth the money and now I wish I didn't waste so much time in the past and just bought the good stuff from the get go.

Reactions: Hye
Im using a futaba 3pv seems pretty good quality, still waiting on parts to finish my build

Is the futuba rx waterproof? Any range issues?

I don’t seem to have great range on the spektrum for my Kraton buuuut it does fit in the arrma box I might run in the mt410

@WoodiE - do you run all your cars from the one receiver?

I have a Turnigy GT3-B (Flysky rebrand), it has been good and receivers are dirt cheap. I recently bought a Sanwa MT4-S for racing, it is a whole different level of speed and precision. I just wish the receivers weren't so damn expensive.

I needed to get a more competent radio recently but my budget is really small. Ended up finding a guy selling a radiopost ts401 for a great price and i love it! Such an improvement over rtr radios

Is the futuba rx waterproof? Any range issues?

I don’t seem to have great range on the spektrum for my Kraton buuuut it does fit in the arrma box I might run in the mt410

@WoodiE - do you run all your cars from the one receiver?
The futaba receiver is not waterproof. But I'm the kind of guy that cringes when I see people submerge their RC's in mud and water. That's not my thing so I don't have to worry about it.

The range on the Futaba is VERY far. Far enough where it becomes hard for me to see the RCs anymore, or much further than I care to run after should something go wrong. ;)

Yes I use the same transmitter for all my RC's and just buy additional receivers as my RC collection grows.

I also used to have a Futaba 4pl! Best radio I've had by far. I used the 4 channels to control the 4ws on my Wraith, it was so awesome.
As far as range goes, you can't beat Futaba. I recall reading a range test between a bunch of brands and the Futaba won.
Unfortunately I let it go with my Wraith. Now I've got a 3pl. Still fantastic performance but low cost. No more crawlers for me so no need for 4ch.
Lately I've been eyeballing the 3pv... really zero need to upgrade though.

Futaba 4PX,
I left Specktrum when Horizon wont sell you a $0.50 spring to fix the radio when you break it. You must send it in and pay them to fix it....

Futaba 4PLS -- excellent radio, the range is outstanding. Only neg is the trigger is a bit small for large fingers.

I am running the turnigy gtx3 transmitter and am absolutely impressed with the features and options it has for the money. i put a small 3s lipo in to power it and run 10 models off the one transmitter. impressed so much so i've ordered another 2 of them for the other models i have.

i'm sure it does not compare to the multi-hundred dollar hitec and futaba radios etc. but honestly i've had zero issues with mine

Was using the Flysky GT3C for years until recently upgrading to the Futaba 4PLS. Going to miss those 7 dollar receiversStill say the FS is a good bang for the buck system.

Picked up a used Hitec lynx with 3 rx’s and never looked back. Such an improvement over where I started. The instant response is the first thing you’ll notice with a quality radio.

Flysky iT4S has been a very positive piece of equipment with touch screen, telemetry sensors, etc. The only negative is lack of hv supporting (4ch, telemetry) receivers.
I got it for under 100€!

I've been running with a Futaba 4pls and a Sanwa mx-v. Great range on both and have never had any issues with either of them

I run a Spektrum DX4R Pro that I won for free in a contest. Was the first, and probably last RC contest I will ever win. I had a DX3C before that that I still use for bashers and a backup radio for the DX4R Pro.

I have a Turnigy GT3-B (Flysky rebrand), it has been good and receivers are dirt cheap. I recently bought a Sanwa MT4-S for racing, it is a whole different level of speed and precision. I just wish the receivers weren't so damn expensive.
I use the Turnigy GT3-B as well. The receivers are SO cheap! I run them in all of my cars with the same controller. Since I do not race, I don't even know if I'd notice a difference with a better radio. Even if I noticed some difference, I don't know if it would be enough of a difference to make me want to spend a bunch more money.

I use the Turnigy GT3-B as well. The receivers are SO cheap! I run them in all of my cars with the same controller. Since I do not race, I don't even know if I'd notice a difference with a better radio. Even if I noticed some difference, I don't know if it would be enough of a difference to make me want to spend a bunch more money.
Indeed, for the money the Turnigy/Flysky is unbeatable.

Picked up a used Hitec lynx with 3 rx’s and never looked back. Such an improvement over where I started. The instant response is the first thing you’ll notice with a quality radio.

100% agree with Jeb here. When I switched from the Flysky to Futaba I was wowed with the input response times between the 2 radio setups, especially noticeable on the steering. I thought the Flysky was decent, but the Futaba makes my steering servo speed feel like it's on steroids. For general bashing, replacing a RTR radio setup, and running multiple rigs on the same TX the FS is a great choice.

Recent Popular Liked

Back