• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What choices influence the wheelbase on MT410?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamiyauberalles

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
In the process of building my MT410.
What choices influence the wheelbase (and don't change much else I guess)?
I saw that the rear hubs can be positioned front or rear using the plastic washers, but that doesnt seem to account for the full 12mm of variation specified in the specs.
Thanks!!!!

I think that those are the full 12mm of adjustment. I believe that the two thicker ones are 2.5mm and the thinner one is 1mm. From all front to all back would give you -6mm to +6mm or 12mm total difference. I am not able to measure mine right now to know exactly how thick they are for sure though.

If you want to reduce the "stunt truck" (flipping) aspects of the mt410 , it is popular to install the et48.3 chassis, rear chassis brace and center to rear diff drive shaft (also from et48.3). Then of course a body to fit.

I think that those are the full 12mm of adjustment. I believe that the two thicker ones are 2.5mm and the thinner one is 1mm. From all front to all back would give you -6mm to +6mm or 12mm total difference. I am not able to measure mine right now to know exactly how thick they are for sure though.

That doesn't make sense. 6mm of shims will give you 6mm total, it's rear only. Maybe it's this + the angle of the pin holders?

That doesn't make sense. 6mm of shims will give you 6mm total, it's rear only. Maybe it's this + the angle of the pin holders?
Yeah, I guess I thought about it incorrectly. I guess I'm not sure where the other 6mm of wheelbase adjustment comes from. I never really looked into it as I just set mine up per the manual and left it.

Front arm sweep and rear toe adjust wheel base a little too. But also changes handling characteristics. I’ve played around with it on my SCT410.3 to fit a body better. (more appearance over how it performed) I just haven’t measured how many mm of adjustability you get. I bash so I don’t do much suspension adjustments.

Recent Popular Liked

Back