• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Tyres choices for bashing..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

So here I am, I'm Tiny Rick..!!!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
So the SCT is all but complete ( missing its ESC :( and paint the body )

What tyres suggestions for general bashing around on grass, carparks, street ??

I got two sets of DE Racing wheels and one set of JConcepts "Choppers" need one other set of tyres any suggestions :unsure:

ProLine Gladiators, Trenchers, Badlands ?? ( I can get these three in the UK )

I’m happy with Gladiators on my SCT , they are advertised as “The Gladiator tires are designed to give your short course truck optimal traction on any surface, while also giving you the durability that you are searching for.” Prolines words not mine but I agree. I run strictly on dirt and they perform well. They do occasionally break free when powering into a corner of loose dirt.

There is no such thing as a general purpose tire that works well for both grass and street.

You want a medium compound tire for the street with more surface area to get better grip, something like the Streetfighter M2 compound would perform extremely well with long wear life:
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...r-2.2-3.0-short-course-tires-2/PRO116701.html

You want a soft compound with pins to dig into the grass and fold as the pins wrap around the grass to increase surface area to increase grip, something like the Hole Shot M4 compound would perform extremely well with reasonable tire life:
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...r-2.2-3.0-short-course-tires-2/PRO118003.html

Here's an example of an "All Terrain" tire which won't perform as well in each condition because it has to make sacrifices in tread design and compound, I would never want to run this tire in any condition:
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...-terrain-short-course-tires-2/PRO1018200.html

To me the name "All Terrain" should be renamed "No Terrain" , doh!

*** Not sure what you mean by "Car Park" but that sounds like a prepped track at a local race club, if that's the case, then run the Hole Shots there, they will be money!

I just bought a set of Badlands for my sct and bought a set of trenchers for the et410.2. For street use I have a set of proline street fighters.

The Gladiators were good until they wear a little past the initial small pins. They're still okay after but mine are down to the base lug so they're my beaters now. One gripe with these is they only sell as premounts that I could find. I would get another set but don't need the wheels. I have a set of Choppers that have been really good so far. I have a set of Subcultures that are a smaller step pin I'm looking forward to trying. I have a set of Trenchers that are a little disappointing, not horrible but okay. I would try Badlands if you wanted a bigger lug style. If I were to run on paved surfaces I would try some Street Fighters.

Car park for the blokes is a parking lot for the yanks

The Gladiators were good until they wear a little past the initial small pins. They're still okay after but mine are down to the base lug so they're my beaters now. One gripe with these is they only sell as premounts that I could find. I would get another set but don't need the wheels. I have a set of Choppers that have been really good so far. I have a set of Subcultures that are a smaller step pin I'm looking forward to trying. I have a set of Trenchers that are a little disappointing, not horrible but okay. I would try Badlands if you wanted a bigger lug style. If I were to run on paved surfaces I would try some Street Fighters.

Car park for the blokes is a parking lot for the yanks
Man, that sucks about not being able to buy Gladiator SC tires by themselves anymore. They are my favorite front tires for 2wd SCTs. For track bashing duties, Gladiator SC tires on the rear, and small pebbles imbedded in dirt... even the M2 compound rubber wore down too fast for me. If I had "clean" dirt, they'd be excelente. For the terrain I run my RCs on, Badlands are about the only tire I'll put on a wheel the gets power delivered to it. YMMV.

So the SCT is all but complete ( missing its ESC :( and paint the body )

What tyres suggestions for general bashing around on grass, carparks, street ??

I got two sets of DE Racing wheels and one set of JConcepts "Choppers" need one other set of tyres any suggestions :unsure:

ProLine Gladiators, Trenchers, Badlands ?? ( I can get these three in the UK )
Keep your Choppers for grass/dirt. Save a set of used (near bald) tires for times you want to street bash. No used SC tires in your lineup yet? Then pick whatever M2/medium compound fancies you. The Icons look promising as a rallying type tire.
1655259001324.png

I found these at my LHS..
JConcepts G-Loc's (yellow compound.

jco3074_600px.jpg

Also my LHS has stock of the Gladiator tyres, not pre-mounts..!!
The StreetFighters look good but many people say they balloon like crazy 🤪

I have a Jconcepts Scalpel speed run body for my SCT and G loc tires. I like them

So ran both my sct410.3 and et410.2 tonight and damn I love me some badlands. Our grass is getting a bit tall in places and the badlands just dug through it. The et on trenchers was much better than the holeshots but still lots of wheel spin. The sct is much heavier though so that may help.

585C1438-4BE3-47A2-A861-CE6CC7FA1381.jpeg

Interesting. Only finding them at Euro and UK shops. Not even on Pro-Lines site.
Thanks for sharing

To edit, I found them as PRO116901 marked as discontinued

The G-Locs turned up yesterday :) they're much heavier than I expected..!!
I'll try to get some weights of them all before I fit them.

Recent Popular Liked

Back