• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Trimming body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toolshed1557

Reaction score
What is the best dremmel bit for trimming out body parts

I just got a dremmel for father.days and want to use it. So thanks i should get the scissors too.

I do longer straight lines with a x-acto knife and curve portions with the lexan scissors. Typically bust out the dremmel just to smooth corners and edges up with. I don't use a dremmel to make the initial cuts.

I agree with @Chainsaw10.

My first body I tried using my dremel and it didn't go anywhere as good as what I pictured in my mind and gave up after about 6" of cutting. I now have proper lexan straight and curved scissors as well as a body reamer and cutting the body is way easier and comes out looking better. After I do my cutting I use this sanding wheel in my dremel to clean up the edges and get rid of any sharp corners.
20180618_201646.jpg

it all depends on the cut

For a fresh molded body, I will use a hobby knife (fresh blade with every new body) to score the entire perimeter and then fold/snap/tear the excess to where I can typically peel and entire perimeter on one shot in most cases. For some bodies, they might have weird angles that make it difficult to score with the knife and then I'll break out the lexan scissors.... I find that the scissors don't leave nearly as clean as a cut when compared to scoring with the knife.

When it comes to the cutouts for my flotek bodies on my SCT, then I'll use a step drill bit on the front window and evenly drill holes along the lower front dash. The remaining holes are drilled out using my dremel with a chainsaw sharpening bit... I do this after the body is painted, but before I peel the protective film, and will rinse all the shavings from the underside and peel the film last after trimming all the vented holes.

Recent Popular Liked

Back