• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My new MT410!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Finally finished the build and it went together very smooth. Only thing left to do is paint the Proline Ford Raptor body and it will be 100%. Cant wait to get it out and run it.

Attachments

• 20180617_200327.jpg
    20180617_200327.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 737
  • 20180616_163700.jpg
    20180616_163700.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 618
  • 20180614_182827.jpg
    20180614_182827.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 573
Finally finished the build and it went together very smooth. Only thing left to do is paint the Proline Ford Raptor body and it will be 100%. Cant wait to get it out and run it.
Looks awesome! What components did you all use for it? Is this your first Tekno?

Yep, first Tekno. I used a Hobbywing Max8 esc, Arrma BLX 2050kv motor, Protek 130T servo, antennaless Futaba ex, and Proline Rock Rage tires on half offset wheels.
Sounds like an awesome setup. What size pinion are you running and what size batteries are you planning on using? I use the Arrma BLX 2050kv in mine too and that thing rips.

Looks Good!!!

I envy all of you guys and these build threads. I bought my Tekno as a roller, I didn't get the thrill of building it. My next Tekno will be a new kit, or at least that is the plan lol.

Looks Good!!!

I envy all of you guys and these build threads. I bought my Tekno as a roller, I didn't get the thrill of building it. My next Tekno will be a new kit, or at least that is the plan lol.
I hear you. I like my Arrma's but I am not a huge fan of ready to run cars. I love building them from pieces and doing things how you want them done as well as learning how everything works and goes together. I would possibly like ready to runs better if they came with kit build instructions so that you can take stuff apart and have a step by step of how to reassemble it instead of relying on exploded views. I think I like building them better than driving them actually LOL.

I debated upon getting the ET over the MT but I couldn't justify the extra $150 when the only thing I really wanted was a longer chassis.

Sounds like an awesome setup. What size pinion are you running and what size batteries are you planning on using? I use the Arrma BLX 2050kv in mine too and that thing rips.
I'm using a 15t pinion for now and I also have a 16t for when I want just a tad more speed. For batteries I have two 4s packs and two 6s packs that I'll be using for it. Might get on more 4s and 6s pack later on.

You probably already know but just keep an eye on temps. I run a 15t in mine with the Arrma BLX185 and 2050kv motor with Dboot Backflips and my motor and esc were both at around 170°F after a full 5000mah 6s pack of wheelies, standing backflips and jumping backflips. Granted it was 90-95°F that day so I'm sure that didn't help but wanted to let you know.

I hear you. I like my Arrma's but I am not a huge fan of ready to run cars. I love building them from pieces and doing things how you want them done as well as learning how everything works and goes together. I would possibly like ready to runs better if they came with kit build instructions so that you can take stuff apart and have a step by step of how to reassemble it instead of relying on exploded views. I think I like building them better than driving them actually LOL.

I debated upon getting the ET over the MT but I couldn't justify the extra $150 when the only thing I really wanted was a longer chassis.

I am the same way, I spend more time turning my drivers than I do driving my RC. It gives me relaxation when I get home from work, a way to unwind from the stress. With my Arrma there was always something to do, now that I have Tekno I find there is not as many upgrades, I dont need to swap this or that part. This thing is just outright strong! I'm thinking of getting a Kraton again, just to fill the void of tinkering LOL

I am the same way, I spend more time turning my drivers than I do driving my RC. It gives me relaxation when I get home from work, a way to unwind from the stress. With my Arrma there was always something to do, now that I have Tekno I find there is not as many upgrades, I dont need to swap this or that part. This thing is just outright strong! I'm thinking of getting a Kraton again, just to fill the void of tinkering LOL
This is how I am when it comes to quadcopters. I can fly them just fine, but I love building them. Something about tinkering with them and getting them to fly just right, or just finishing a build and seeing it clean for the last time before it gets grass and mud on it from a few crash landings.

I don’t mind turnin wrenches and tinkering but the accessibility of the Arrma diffs have me spoiled. I wish Tekno’s were as easy to get to.
I agree about the diffs. I didn't realize that they didn't have quick access diffs until I was putting it together lol.

If I could take the Tekno tough design and material and finish quality and mix it with the Arrma chassis size and layout, so that everything isn't so cramped, along with the quick access diffs, I would say you would have the perfect rc car, well for bashing anyways. I get it for racing as it saves weight and creates balance and everything. I don't like that if you want to run something bigger than a 4074 motor you need to custom mount the esc. With the Teknos you are also more limited on battery sizes. I guess no rc is perfect so you have to figure out what you are willing to sacrifice on.

Recent Popular Liked

Back