• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My Mt410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy on a Moose

Reaction score
Hello tiny truckers. Hope you all are well. My name is Wes, from New Brunswick Canada. Like a lot of people quarantine got me back into rc with a vengeance haha. I usually stick to crawling and extreme scale “unperformace” rc lol. But alas this is a tekno forum and tekno’s are fast, or so I’m told. I kicked the tires for over a year Searching for the ultimate basher platform. Watching all the heavy hitters on you tube. Talk about excitement haha. I don’t plan on or see myself chassis slapping as hard as rick duperbash does but golly is he a pilot with his rigs. So I bought myself an mt410 chassis from one of Canada’s fine tekno dealers. Now that the chassis is complete I’ve finally compiled a complete BOM for my build.

-tekno Mt410 kit
-Turnigy TrackStar Waterproof 1/8 Brushless Power System 2100KV/120A
-Turnigy Rapid 5500mAh 4S2P 140C Hardcase LiPo Battery Pack W/XT90 Connector (ROAR Approved
-TrackStar™ TS-910 Digital 1/8 Truggy/Monster Truck Servo 30.6kg / 0.14sec / 66g
-XT-90 connector pack from amazon
-Probody RC Unbreakable baja bug body
-DBoots Backflip Lp wheels/tires 17mm hex
-Tekno 15t and 17t mod 1 pinion 5mm bore
-Tekno 44t lightened, hardened steel spur
-Tekno 25t aluminum servo horn
-Tekno aluminum emulsion style shock caps

I have the chassis and power system installed. Currently awaiting the bug body from Russia, and I ordered the tires and tekno goodies today. I’m going for a super durable rig as getting parts is tricky in Canada. That’s it for now I think I hit all the main concerns :) thanks for reading cheers

i just finished my build of mt 410 as well. Took it out for a test run on hard pack with a jump ramp. Thanks for the post on how to install the proline body mounts.

The ground was really hard. The motor leads kept popping out of the esc sockets - using the castle monster combo. Suggestions? i just started with this hobby last summer and really a terrible driver. However, i did get a couple of good jumps but the truck was unwilling to do a backflip - something really easy with my traxxas max. Any suggestions on this stuff? Slippery ramp? Not enough speed?

i had to take another rig apart (the company's name will remain undisclosed). The quality of the parts and the engineering left a lot to be desired. This thing is amazing with the engineering and parts. Glad i bought it and put it together.

i just finished my build of mt 410 as well. Took it out for a test run on hard pack with a jump ramp. Thanks for the post on how to install the proline body mounts.

The ground was really hard. The motor leads kept popping out of the esc sockets - using the castle monster combo. Suggestions? i just started with this hobby last summer and really a terrible driver. However, i did get a couple of good jumps but the truck was unwilling to do a backflip - something really easy with my traxxas max. Any suggestions on this stuff? Slippery ramp? Not enough speed?

i had to take another rig apart (the company's name will remain undisclosed). The quality of the parts and the engineering left a lot to be desired. This thing is amazing with the engineering and parts. Glad i bought it and put it together.
I have 4 castle set ups and never had this issue ?
But the plugs are slotted so try this. Take a flat tip screwdriver and slide into the slots making the outside diameter of the plug larger. Would do this a little at a time so not to make them to large so they don’t fit in ESC

Nothings shown up yet but I did place an order for a mmx esc, tekno wheel wrench, shock tool, and both turnbuckle wrenches. \m/

9D1DB530-EC21-4080-9B32-89F4DDDB9671.jpeg

Post LVC a picture of a good test hit in front of my house. I got a proline baja bug body painted up. The rear holes are already cracked and no longer secure the body. I’ll have to mend with drywall tape and shoe goo. I think I’ll need to relocate the rear posts for the Russian bug body when it arrives. Snow hill she’s parked on is about 5ft tall. Loaded the data log and max amps was 168amp and 2486 watts. It was pulling wheelies like no tomorrow when it could hook up \m/

Stuck my gps on the beast for a speed test on the Nicely dried road. Outside temp -12c or 10f. I managed to hit 74km/hr or 45mph! Not bad at all :) it might be faster as I was lacking traction on the sanded winter streets. So happy with this build. I did fry the mmx switch. But I soldered the wires together and gtg. Currently waiting for the shoe goo/drywall tape to cure. Cheers boys

Hello friends little update to my truck. Bashed it a few times now on the street and a parking lot. Lots of full speed wheelies and drifts. Not so much jumping yet as I’m just learning the driving profile.

my current lipo, a turnigy rapid 5500mah 4s2p is working great it just discharges very unevenly. I have the mmx auto lipo set to 3.2volts. But when I hit lvc the battery is all over the map. 2.98 3.12 3.24 3.12. Should I be worried? Is there any tricks I can do to help it’s health? The pack has a low 3milliohm resistance per cell. I hit lvc one time and unplugged. Plugged back in and auto lipo only detects 3s. No puffs from what I can tell. It is a beast though as I can peak out at over 150amps flowing through the mmx.

I’ve ordered a second battery pack. Smc lipo true spec Dv 4s2p hardcase (75c 120amp) 6500mah. Yay more mahs :)

I dropped from a 17t to a 15t pinion on the 44t steel spur. Esc runs a bit cooler now. Motor still cool but I have only been bashing around at 0°c.

I tuned the suspension quite a bit as well.
Front end
Took out one washer on the steering stops giving me more throw.
removed all kick up and kept sweep the same

rear
Remove all kickup and moved to 1° toe in from stock 3°.

now the truck is more planted and stable during accel/breaking. The truck doesn’t move up and down as much when changing speed quickly.

aluminum emulsion shock caps is a must do upgrade imo. Really quality suspension feel from this truck. It’s incredible:) happy bashing

Hello friends little update to my truck. Bashed it a few times now on the street and a parking lot. Lots of full speed wheelies and drifts. Not so much jumping yet as I’m just learning the driving profile.

my current lipo, a turnigy rapid 5500mah 4s2p is working great it just discharges very unevenly. I have the mmx auto lipo set to 3.2volts. But when I hit lvc the battery is all over the map. 2.98 3.12 3.24 3.12. Should I be worried? Is there any tricks I can do to help it’s health? The pack has a low 3milliohm resistance per cell. I hit lvc one time and unplugged. Plugged back in and auto lipo only detects 3s. No puffs from what I can tell. It is a beast though as I can peak out at over 150amps flowing through the mmx.

I’ve ordered a second battery pack. Smc lipo true spec Dv 4s2p hardcase (75c 120amp) 6500mah. Yay more mahs :)

I dropped from a 17t to a 15t pinion on the 44t steel spur. Esc runs a bit cooler now. Motor still cool but I have only been bashing around at 0°c.

I tuned the suspension quite a bit as well.
Front end
Took out one washer on the steering stops giving me more throw.
removed all kick up and kept sweep the same

rear
Remove all kickup and moved to 1° toe in from stock 3°.

now the truck is more planted and stable during accel/breaking. The truck doesn’t move up and down as much when changing speed quickly.

aluminum emulsion shock caps is a must do upgrade imo. Really quality suspension feel from this truck. It’s incredible:) happy bashing
Those cell voltages are very low and I would immediately raise the LVC to 3.4V. I'm assuming you store and balance charge all the time as everyone should.

It's really hard to comment on temps when your outside temp is at 0 degree C! ? Overheating should be close to impossible for you. I run 18t with 2200kv motor in SoCal weather.

Happy to read that you’re enjoying the truck, I'm with you on the fact that this is one of the most amazing RC out there at the moment.

Those cell voltages are very low and I would immediately raise the LVC to 3.4V. I'm assuming you store and balance charge all the time as everyone should.

It's really hard to comment on temps when your outside temp is at 0 degree C! ? Overheating should be close to impossible for you. I run 18t with 2200kv motor in SoCal weather.

Happy to read that you’re enjoying the truck, I'm with you on the fact that this is one of the most amazing Has an affect with n discRC out there at the moment.
I’m almost wondering if the cold isnt helping the unbalanced discharge. I actually decreased it to 3.0 but I think I will bump up to 3.4v. I thought safe min was 2.7 volts. Honestly I let the pack tell me when it’s done and this one is hard to tell. It runs really hard right till lvc. Easily the strongest pack I’ve ever had :)

Hello friends
Today I ran it with a 18t pinion and wow, It really brought on the 3/4-full throttle wheelies! So fun! The motor was noticeably warmer but safe. I didn’t gps it though. I can’t wait to bring this beast out into the wild and start bashing!!! Though all this street running is making me want a speed car haha.

Well I need a new servo gears are stripped out any recommendations for a decent bash servo?
After running 15 16 17 18 teeth pinions 17 and 18t is best. I need my tbone wheelie bar and bash bumper to show up to use the 18t effectively. It’s very unforgiving at the tail end of the throttle, It’s wild I love it!
Edit: I’ve got a power HD 30kg waterproof servo on order, as well as an Amazon 35kg for a spare :)

Last edited:
Well I need a new servo gears are stripped out any recommendations for a decent bash servo?
After running 15 16 17 18 teeth pinions 17 and 18t is best. I need my tbone wheelie bar and bash bumper to show up to use the 18t effectively. It’s very unforgiving at the tail end of the throttle, It’s wild I love it!
Edit: I’ve got a power HD 30kg waterproof servo on order, as well as an Amazon 35kg for a
Hard to give a recommendation without knowing the price rage you are wanting

most of my servos savox, protek, reefs are in the 75-100$$ range and I have had good luck with them. I don’t have the funds to go much more then that

but the extreme budget servo are a crap shoot. The last thing I want to see is my 1000$ rig hit a tree at 45 mph due to my 15$ servo shot ?

Edit: I’ve got a power HD 30kg waterproof servo on order, as well as an Amazon 35kg for a spare :)
I’ve had great luck with Power HD servos. The 23kg has great speed and enough torque for a buggy. It was in the high $4x if I remember correctly.

i am so far also really liking Savox 2274 and 2273. They are brushless, quick and strong. In the $100. Will see if they live up to the brushless promise (supposed to be more durable).

AGF 40kg, used to be a great deal when sold in the $70, but I’m refusing to pay the full price of a brand product to a company that has no US presence or representation.

To @MAVERICK ’s point, save yourself the Amazon and cancel your order.

Yes I concur I’m not about to run sketchy equipment. My smc lipo arrived today so I had to charge it up and give it a blast. I installed a power HD 25kg waterproof from my basher/crawler Redcat gen 8. It does pretty good in the mt. The smc arrived nicely balanced had lots of punch and a bit longer than the rapid pack. It’s definitely weaker on the low end than the rapid but performed very good. I read 79kph with the 18t pinion. And before lvc kicked in it was surging so I quit before I hit lvc. Blew out a tire in today’s test hit so that sucks I really like these tires. I was smashing backflips off the last remaining snow bank in the front yard \m/.

Ran the smc for the second time today. set lvc to 3.5v. Ran good and hard and once again started surging so I shut down. Again still before lvc. I was doing some reading on smc website and they recommend 3.6v. Well colour me blind. I thought lipos were good to much much lower 2.7v. Is it just smc that has a higher min voltage? I’ve ran turnigy packs for years in crawlers and always set lvc to 3.2v. I notice sag around 3.4 and begin thinking about swapping. My turnigy rapid ran stupid hard down to 3.0volts/cell.

Oh oh
14290A74-E448-41DA-97B3-FA6A8728F822.jpeg

My land beetle missile seems to have driven smack dab into a fire hydrant :(

I broke
Shock tower
Stand off
Inner hinge pin
Left front arm damaged (keep for spare
Inner camber link rod end

It was quite the explosion:(. The truck was a solid 100y out. Doing a wide 20-30mph turn and boom ?

Oh oh
View attachment 6446
My land beetle missile seems to have driven smack dab into a fire hydrant :(

I broke
Shock tower
Stand off
Inner hinge pin
Left front arm damaged (keep for spare
Inner camber link rod end

It was quite the explosion:(. The truck was a solid 100y out. Doing a wide 20-30mph turn and boom ?
Gotta love Tekno. If it were any other brand, you would have xplodered more than that!

Well boys I finally gave the little 4268 motor it’s last hot supper. I ran it in 6s last night and had a total riot. Today I put the 18t back on and ran it on my 4s packs back to back doing some pretty insane hill climbs at a local abandoned quarry. Some mx dudes where chilling and had a good laugh watching me send my little bug up the sand cliffs. It was a riot but now I need a new motor \m/
Open to suggestions :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back