• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 Build Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sscheitel

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Ordered MT410 with the following items:

- MT410 RC MT410 1/10 Electric 4x4 Pro Monster Truck Kit
- TEKTT2336 - 1/8 RX8 Gen3 ESC/T8 Gen3 Brushless Motor Combo, 2000kv
- Hitec D951TW D-Series Ultra Torque Titanium Gear Digital Servo (High Voltage)
- (2) Pro-Line Badlands 3.8" Tire 1/2" Offset Wheel (2) (Black) (M2)
- Futaba 4PM 4-Channel 2.4GHz T-FHSS Radio System w/R304SB Receiver

I still need help with choosing:
4S battery
Charger
Mod1 Pinion [new to hobby so which one is good for all around?]
servo arm??
tools [must haves...multi-tools preferred]
connectors and wires
anything else that I need

I am not looking for upgrades at this time....just what is needed to build the kit.

I have a Hakko soldering iron and know my way around this skill

I am not new to building RC....just haven't done it in 10 years.

Thanks

For battery I would check out https://www.smc-racing.net/ they are a bit pricey tho.

And for the pinion I would go with a 16t or 17t I started with a 15t and it was plenty of power but I want more out of mine. I also went with the tekno servo arm but any aluminum upgraded one should do the job.

4S battery
Charger
servo arm??
connectors and wires

I am not looking for upgrades at this time....just what is needed to build the kit.

Thanks

On my MT410 build I have the same Hitech D951TW servo and it is awesome. T4PM radio and using the R304SB-E receiver. Went with Arrma back flips 4s wheels and Arrma BLX185 motor and ESC.

Battery: any 5000 mah and 50c or more will do. I personally like the Spektrum smart batteries because I have the smart charger. You can get two 3s batteries and charger combo from Spektrum or most shops for $289 or the 4s combo for $350. I love the auto storage mode setting and the plug and push start charging is nice. I have a Venom battery and had the Venom pro duo charger $109 which is also worked really well.

Must have options.......
Aluminum servo arm. TKR5253B I have heard that the stock plastic arm will strip pretty fast.

mod1 pinion.... I started with 15 tooth TKR4175 and have a 16 tooth TKR4176 those two are pretty basic even 17 tooth is good and will run well with not too much heat buildups. You could go bigger just make sure you check your motor/esc temps or just add a cooling fan.

Others will say another must have are the Aluminum shock caps TKR6003B
I have a set but I am currently using the stocks ones until they break. I don't like to replace new parts with new parts until they break.

Also pick up some extra body clips TKR1235. $4 for 10

Tools: I use MIP hex drivers and nut drivers and have about twenty of them. To me good tools make any build easier and I believe MIP is the best and they have and will last a long time. Lots of other hex driver options and some cheaper but be careful if you go cheap because they will strip your screws.
The Tekno shock tool TKR1115 is a great tool and very versatile. I highly recommend this for sure. Makes shock building and turnbuckle assembly a breeze and pain free.
The Tekno wheel wrench TKR 1116 is nice too but to me not as versatile as the wrench. If you plan on changing wheels a lot then I would get it because it make it super easy. I think this tool is more suited for racers the bashers.

If I was confident in soldering then I would have gone with a higher end motor and ESC but the Arrma is working great and I'm very familiar with since I have three Arrma vehicles.

Shop around for everything. Prices vary from shop to shop. I found the shock tool for $25 on amazon and its goes for like $37 most places.

4S battery
Charger
servo arm??
connectors and wires

Thanks
Also there a sticky on the MT410 forum with some tips and recommended upgrades for your truck. (y)

4S battery
Charger
servo arm??
connectors and wires

Thanks

Now that's a nice selection of stuff you have there..?

Have you chosen a body..??

Thanks BashBrian

ok picked up smc 8000mah hardcase battery
Ultra Power UP120 Touch

thanks Sludog for guidance will check out sticky

no body yet...prob go with F150 but nothing def

stuffs going to start to trickle in tomorrow through Friday of next week. Looking forward to building this beast

ty again folks. Very much appreciated.

Tools: I use MIP hex drivers and nut drivers and have about twenty of them. To me good tools make any build easier and I believe MIP is the best and they have and will last a long time. Lots of other hex driver options and some cheaper but be careful if you go cheap because they will strip your screws.
The Tekno shock tool TKR1115 is a great tool and very versatile. I highly recommend this for sure. Makes shock building and turnbuckle assembly a breeze and pain free.
The Tekno wheel wrench TKR 1116 is nice too but to me not as versatile as the wrench. If you plan on changing wheels a lot then I would get it because it make it super easy. I think this tool is more suited for racers the bashers.

I also use MIP driver - highly recommend them! A little expensive, but worth it!
Shock Tool is also a deffo.
I picked the wheel wrench as I notice its also quite versatile. Can also be used as a shock cap tool, as well as a holder fo holding certain parts as you build, such as the diffs etc.

I picked the wheel wrench as I notice its also quite versatile. Can also be used as a shock cap tool, as well as a holder fo holding certain parts as you build, such as the diffs etc.
Don't forget, using it for building turnbuckles..???

I want to order the aluminum shock caps...Pardon my ignorance but how many aluminum nonvented shock caps do I need?

That’s awesome DSM but how many do I need...2 or 4?

Last edited:
Thanks DSM. I ordered from Teknorc directly and they come in packs of (2)....so I ordered two sets.

BAG J

Putting the front steering assembly together and noticed that the alignment lady to right is off by 1-2 degrees. Do I take the time now to adjust the steering rods so that it is evenly aligned or is there a tuning step needed at the end? Just don’t want to get done with the build only to realize that my left front tire is wearing more than the right.

Guys....noob questions.
What do I do with the droop screws, by default?
Do I need to leave my antenna wire outside the receiver box?

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back