• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Questions about part/upgrade selection for upcoming Tekno MT410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PigeonsLikeBread

Reaction score
Planning on building a Tekno MT410 soon and wanted to make sure I am going about things right. I will be using it on 4S mainly on grass as a bashing/stunt truck.

Upgrades
Planning on getting a Tekno aluminum servo horn, aluminum non-vented shock caps (I read these are better for bashing than vented), and the steel spur.
I was also thinking about getting some sort of aluminum chassis brace, but not really sure if this was necessary. Also was considering a wheelie bar (maybe TBR?) but again not sure.

Parts
Hobbywing Max8 ESC + 2200kv motor + 15T Pinion (low tooth pinion to prevent overheating on grass - would I need a motor heatsink and/or fan anyways?)

Not really sure what servo, but I was considering the Savox SW-2210SG. Would love to hear opinions on if there are better options.

Not sure what battery, so if someone could recommend a 4S hardcase with an XT90 (preferably, but EC5 is fine too) that would be good. I saw someone said they were using a HobbyStar one, but I am not really sure about the reliability or safety of these. Definitely do not want to cheap out - I would rather spend more money for peace of mind.

Also not sure on what wheels/tires. What would be the best set for doing flips and driving on grass? I was thinking Arrma Dboots 'Back-Flip Mt 6S' Pre-Mounts but I am very open to suggestions.

Would greatly appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance.

When I built my mt410 I used everything your describing (except I went with a savox 1270). With that setup and the dboots backflips, I was able to do standing backflips on 4s. For batteries, I have found both Power Hobby and Zee to be reliable batteries. I did have a problem with one of my power hobby 4s batteries and their customer service sent me a bran new one without any hassle. You can always change the connectors on the batteries if you can't find one with xt90. I would suggest getting some extra body post mounts as it is a weak point. They are a pretty cheep replacement. If you decide to go with aluminum chassis braces, M2C racing makes them. They are pricey. Enjoy! It is a fun build. Truck is tough as nails too.

When I built my mt410 I used everything your describing (except I went with a savox 1270). With that setup and the dboots backflips, I was able to do standing backflips on 4s. For batteries, I have found both Power Hobby and Zee to be reliable batteries. I did have a problem with one of my power hobby 4s batteries and their customer service sent me a bran new one without any hassle. You can always change the connectors on the batteries if you can't find one with xt90. I would suggest getting some extra body post mounts as it is a weak point. They are a pretty cheep replacement. If you decide to go with aluminum chassis braces, M2C racing makes them. They are pricey. Enjoy! It is a fun build. Truck is tough as nails too.
Thank you for the reply!

Planning on building a Tekno MT410 soon and wanted to make sure I am going about things right. I will be using it on 4S mainly on grass as a bashing/stunt truck.

Upgrades
Planning on getting a Tekno aluminum servo horn, aluminum non-vented shock caps (I read these are better for bashing than vented), and the steel spur.
I was also thinking about getting some sort of aluminum chassis brace, but not really sure if this was necessary. Also was considering a wheelie bar (maybe TBR?) but again not sure.

Parts
Hobbywing Max8 ESC + 2200kv motor + 15T Pinion (low tooth pinion to prevent overheating on grass - would I need a motor heatsink and/or fan anyways?)

Not really sure what servo, but I was considering the Savox SW-2210SG. Would love to hear opinions on if there are better options.

Not sure what battery, so if someone could recommend a 4S hardcase with an XT90 (preferably, but EC5 is fine too) that would be good. I saw someone said they were using a HobbyStar one, but I am not really sure about the reliability or safety of these. Definitely do not want to cheap out - I would rather spend more money for peace of mind.

Also not sure on what wheels/tires. What would be the best set for doing flips and driving on grass? I was thinking Arrma Dboots 'Back-Flip Mt 6S' Pre-Mounts but I am very open to suggestions.

Would greatly appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance.
For a servo look at Promodeler ds630 or ds505 they are American made and better than any Savox out there. You can only by them from promodeler no middle man to jack up the price. The ds630 is 630 oz in torque at0.10 second for $110 built to military standards.
image.jpg

If you jump you are going to bend your shock towers eventually, when you do check out M2C. I got their braces and shock towers now the only thing that bends are the drive shafts and the only thing that breaks is the body. My fault gotta stop landing on the body lol

Upgrades sound good - Horn and Spur are solid choices. I’d get the three way Tekno Aluminum shock caps just in case you want to run an emulsion setup in the future (TKR8702).

Bracing - I’d look at m2c racing or mmm (there is a US distributor on the facebook group - Gary Mangol)

Wheelie Bar - T-bone wheelie bar is nice but mine didn’t survive the first high flying bash session. I have switched out to there stunt rear bumper now.

Pinion - I run a 16-17T on my Castle Setup MMX w/ 2250KV motor. I do run a simple castle fan though. I’d start with 16 and go from there.

Servo - I use a Protek 370TBL on my MT410 and am now trying a NitroPro 550 in my ET48 2.0.

Battery I am using a Factory Xtreme 4S Hardpack - Liking it so far.

Tires - I’d drop down to the 4S BackFlips instead. Lighter.
B7655906-61CF-4D49-822C-D9CF8D50E683.jpeg

For a servo look at Promodeler ds630 or ds505 they are American made and better than any Savox out there. You can only by them from promodeler no middle man to jack up the price. The ds630 is 630 oz in torque at0.10 second for $110 built to military standards. View attachment 7291
Thanks for the recommendation. Did you need to modify anything to get the servo to fit in the stock kit? I saw some mention elsewhere about minor modifications needed due to the wire position on the servo.

Upgrades sound good - Horn and Spur are solid choices. I’d get the three way Tekno Aluminum shock caps just in case you want to run an emulsion setup in the future (TKR8702).

Bracing - I’d look at m2c racing or mmm (there is a US distributor on the facebook group - Gary Mangol)

Wheelie Bar - T-bone wheelie bar is nice but mine didn’t survive the first high flying bash session. I have switched out to there stunt rear bumper now.

Pinion - I run a 16-17T on my Castle Setup MMX w/ 2250KV motor. I do run a simple castle fan though. I’d start with 16 and go from there.

Servo - I use a Protek 370TBL on my MT410 and am now trying a NitroPro 550 in my ET48 2.0.

Battery I am using a Factory Xtreme 4S Hardpack - Liking it so far.

Tires - I’d drop down to the 4S BackFlips instead. Lighter.View attachment 7347
Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation. Did you need to modify anything to get the servo to fit in the stock kit? I saw some mention elsewhere about minor modifications needed due to the wire position on the servo.
No the servo fits really good

@Lynny Thanks for the servo suggestion. I just picked up the DS630. Looks like a tank.

@EngenZerO any idea where to buy that m3 battery tray? I reached out to the manufacture last month but haven't heard back.

@Lynny Thanks for the servo suggestion. I just picked up the DS630. Looks like a tank.

@EngenZerO any idea where to buy that m3 battery tray? I reached out to the manufacture last month but haven't heard back.

On Facebook. I joinded the Tekno RC MT410 and Tekno Owner’s Tips, Tricks, Mods and Showoff and learned that Gary Mangol Jr. teamed up to become the US distributor for MMM. I was able to snag one from him. I don’t know his current backlog.

and learned that Gary Mangol Jr. teamed up to become the US distributor for MMM
Do you know if Gary has a website or contact information?

Thanks for the info!

Recent Popular Liked

Back