• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My MT410 build (questions)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrock

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi out there,

I am just building my MT410 after some rc car absence (previous car was a Tamiya Fighter Buggy :).

It will become a LWB version using the M2C long chassis and the plan is also to mount a wing (found some info about this here already).

However, currently I am at building step "H" and there is a question:

There are those pin sleeves (TKR5054A and TKR5055A). How is it supposed to be built?

- Tighten the screw inside the sleeve, so the screw may not rotate inside the sleeve. Then the sleeve itself will rotate in the plastic part where it is sitting.

or

- Leave the screw inside the sleeve a little bit loose, so the screw can rotate freely inside the sleeve

Hope my question is clear, I am not an English native speaker...

Thanks & regards
Markus

Hi out there,

I am just building my MT410 after some rc car absence (previous car was a Tamiya Fighter Buggy :).

It will become a LWB version using the M2C long chassis and the plan is also to mount a wing (found some info about this here already).

However, currently I am at building step "H" and there is a question:

There are those pin sleeves (TKR5054A and TKR5055A). How is it supposed to be built?

- Tighten the screw inside the sleeve, so the screw may not rotate inside the sleeve. Then the sleeve itself will rotate in the plastic part where it is sitting.

or

- Leave the screw inside the sleeve a little bit loose, so the screw can rotate freely inside the sleeve

Hope my question is clear, I am not an English native speaker...

Thanks & regards
Markus
Hello Markus,

I’m trying to understand your question, so please bear with me if I got it wrong.

So, your question is should the screw (TKR1445) be fully tighten in the Spindle (TKR5193) or not?

I believe the answer is: yes, the screw should be fully tightened in the Spindle. Not too much, since we are tightening it up in a plastic Spindle but enough for it to not back out.

BUT, it also feels like it is OK to back out that screw 1/8 or 1/4 of a turn in order to decrease any possible friction against the rotation of the Spindle.

The Spindle bushing (TKR5054A) is the part that will ensure the tightening is not going to create too much resistance to the movement of the Spindle within the Spindle Carrier (TKR5194).

Hope that helps at least clarify the debate and have someone else chime in.

Best,

EDIT: i would go for option two, back out the Screw TKR1445 a little since there is another screw TKR1601 to make sure it stays in place and does not completely back out from the Spindle.

Last edited:
I believe the answer is: yes, the screw should be fully tightened in the Spindle. Not too much, since we are tightening it up in a plastic Spindle but enough for it to not back out.

EDIT: i would go for option two, back out the Screw TKR1445 a little since there is another screw TKR1601 to make sure it stays in place and does not completely back out from the Spindle.

Thanks, that perfectly answers my question.

Regards
Markus

Hi,

there another question coming up...

So I went on with my build, now I am almost finished with steering / front end, but what is not clear to me:

What is the purpose of the o-ring (TKR5231) in step I-1? Because if I install the nut for the servo saver as instructed (all way down, three turns up then), when I put the steering assembly on the chassis, on the lower (flattened) end of the steering posts (TKR5102A), there is still about 1 ... 1.5mm space between the chassis and the servo saver post (TKR5103) where the o-ring can slip into, so it will not fulfill any function.

So what is the point of this o-ring?

Thanks & regards
Markus

The o-ring goes inside the nut. It provides resistance keeping the nut from turning from vibration like a lock nut.

Ahhh... thank you so much! Now it's clear how to mount it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back