• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 Build -- Lots of Upgrades and Stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice build! I have some custom made Kydex mud guards if you are interested. They are wider than the ones Tekno makes and they don't interfere with suspension motion.

Due to living in a city and not really being anywhere near a track mud guards won't really be needed at this point. I do appreciate the offer -- thanks!

I might be following up on them in the future, as I'm sure I'll be buying another truck at one point or another, one I plan on being able to run in dirt/mud. This one, with all the electronics, isn't a good candidate for that.

I did the exact same thing. lol

Yeah, when you're working on a build and you have to stop (well, not really, as there are other things that can be done in the meantime) due to running out of diff fluid, well, it's frustrating. I have plenty of that and just about everything else reasonably imaginable now for maintenance so I'm hoping that won't happen again.

Something I forgot to mention about the first run I described is that it was on 4S. I charged a 6S battery and was going to run it on the second run but never got the chance.

Once the cage mount broke, I wasn't too worried about it and kept going. I should bring some zip ties along the next time as I could have secured it with that, but the rear cage mount kept it in place for the most part.

The truck didn't really seem like it was going to wheelie on 4S. It was well behaved. Tracked straight and seemed stable at speed. I set it up with somewhere around 1 deg toe in front/rear. I'd rather have the rear at 0, but I wasn't going to change it as I didn't care about it that much.

I have a setup kit and at one point will set it up properly with that.

And the post mortem.

I printed that mount several months ago, and feel that I've improved my printing abilities since then, although I'm not sure I'd have been able to avoid this destruction. There does appear to be poor layer adhesion. I'm not sure what the infill was when I printed this part, guessing, I'd say 25%.

20200101_212010_HDR.jpg

20200101_212055_HDR.jpg

20200101_212214_HDR.jpg

20200101_212237_HDR.jpg

20200101_212311_HDR.jpg

20200101_212320_HDR.jpg

I've been kicking around some ideas for the cage mounts. Aside from the 3D printing I want to use, I want a quick removal process. A cage is great to have but they definitely make access more difficult. I'm thinking of a design where the cage will pivot/rotate in the rear, with a quick release in the front. Or maybe quick release front and rear and completely remove it. Not sure what I'll do yet.

For now, I'll just print the existing design in TPU filament to see how that holds up.

I'll also try 6S. If that's not insane enough, the motor/ESC I'm using can handle far more voltage than that truck normally uses.

Recent Popular Liked

Back