• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 Basher Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That spur was defective. No bearing would require a 0.1mm interference fit with the mating surface and no standard bearing is 8.1mm ID.

That spur was defective. No bearing would require a 0.1mm interference fit with the mating surface and no standard bearing is 8.1mm ID.
Agree 100% but rather than return it and wait for another one I made it work I just mentioned it to see if others had that problem.

I have a lathe here at work and would have done the same! 😄. Just contributing my feedback to the thread to back you up! Nice build...I just finished my MT410 a month or so ago to join my EB410.

...also with the tamiya paint. I’ve used a combo of clear pearl (ps58), followed by a thin even coat of translucent light blue (ps39), backed with white (ps1) to get a neat metallic bright blue that pops.

I have a lathe here at work and would have done the same! 😄. Just contributing my feedback to the thread to back you up! Nice build...I just finished my MT410 a month or so ago to join my EB410.
Good deal I wanted a mt410 but now Um thinking EB48 2.0 or I really like the Serpent srx8te truggy they look pretty high quality to me and it’s only been out for 6 months or so would like to compare it to the Tekno.

My center diff had a little bit of movement front to rear so I used the two extra shims I had leftover and it took care of it.
image.jpg

Building the new Tekno ET48 2.0 for bashing I will share some tips tricks and problems I encountered along the way. My setup is Max8 esc hobbystar 4076 Tekno 16 tooth pinion Tekno 44 tooth steel spur RPM Arrma kraton modded bumper DEracing rear skid plate and a SPT 35 kg servo.View attachment 6595When installing the bulkhead to chassis screws TKR1346 they get very tight use chapstick to lubricate the threads and work them in and out as you go or you will round out the hex head.View attachment 6596View attachment 6597The first photo is of TKR9117 44t steel spur the bearing surface was oversized second photo is the kit supplied plastic spur I could not get the bearing on luckily I have a lathe and was able to polish it down to get the bearing on.View attachment 6598When mounting the front C-Hub I used 3 by 6 button head screws instead of the tiny set screws included in the kit tighten them while holding pressure with pliers is the best way I found to keep the pins tight and not have any movement back and forth.View attachment 6599When mounting the front shock tower I used 3by18 buttonhead screws and the bottom I used 3by20 buttonhead screws backed with a small 3mm nut with a dab of threadlock.View attachment 6600For the rear tower I used 3by16 in the top holes and 3by18 in the bottom backed with a 3mm nut and threadlock.View attachment 6601For the motor mount and steering post I used 4by12 screws instead of the kit supplied 4by10 you can see they just clear the motor slide and provide a little extra holding power. Also it’s very easy to add a piece of foam to the receiver box I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about this very simple to do.
Thanks for the tips - they are extremely helpful!

One thing with the new style motor mount you won’t be able to get any bigger of can than 42mm in diameter um sure some one at some point will make a new insert for it.

Made a quick set of mudguards out of plexiglass if you’re running big knobby tires you will want something to protect your shocks and turnbuckles. I tried putting a T in them for Tekno mainly wanted to see what the orange paint looked like I ordered a couple spare bodies. Used some old plexiglass I had layin around.
image.jpg
33B938DE-2459-4D70-B323-A8217CA656D7.jpeg
image.jpg
Not sure how long they will last but thought it was worth a shot.

Nice build man you got some really good tips on here I'm gonna steal lol.
Help yourself that’s why um sharing my experience with this kit there will be more to come so check back.

Interested in that PowerHobby heatsink and fans.....
I'm tempted to pick one up also - are there any part numbers in particular??
Did you plug each fan into the receiver individually or via a Y-harness?

Last edited:
Got some more spare parts in today since you can’t buy the bulkheads yet it was important to me to get a set. I also got a wing mount wing f-r driveshafts two pinion gears front hubs and a f-r diff.
C0AE7A11-744C-49E0-A316-82F82ABE1CBB.jpeg

Interested in that PowerHobby heatsink and fans.....
I'm tempted to pick one up also - are there any part numbers in particular??
Did you plug each fan into the receiver individually or via a Y-harness?
The heat sink on the Tekno is Nitro hobbies comes with two aluminum 30mm fans and carbon fiber fan covers and is clip on they are $27.95 which is a good price two aluminum 30mm fans cost more than that.
image.jpg
I plugged each fan in individually because um using a 6 channel receiver. The fan and heat sink come with a 2 into 1 adapter if you only have one open port on the receiver.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I also have a power hobby clamping type that mounts 40mm or 30mm fans but I used it on my Kraton build. I personally like clip on or clamping fan mounts because I like to jump my cars as high and far as I can and I take the motor fans off when jumping and these types of mounts make that really easy to do.

Last edited:
Picked up some more spares a full turnbuckle and servo saver set. From Tekno I got a set of f-r orange springs emulsion o-ring set diff gaskets and aluminum sway bar collars. The 2.0 is running great it’s became my favorite last night I strapped my phone to it for some speed passes and got 64.9 mph on pavement with a 16 tooth pinion and 2000 kv motor.
DB16C712-9016-484A-B7FB-BEF89D5DE59C.jpeg
E7BA3E85-A67E-4EF9-A4AB-A04555037BF2.jpeg

Picked up some more spares a full turnbuckle and servo saver set. From Tekno I got a set of f-r orange springs emulsion o-ring set diff gaskets and aluminum sway bar collars. The 2.0 is running great it’s became my favorite last night I strapped my phone to it for some speed passes and got 64.9 mph on pavement with a 16 tooth pinion and 2000 kv motor.View attachment 6714View attachment 6715
Nice build, wow that’s a lot of spares, what would you recommend order straight with the car, arms? Diff pinion? Diff spur? Are there aluminium center braces for the tekno? Thanks

Nice build, wow that’s a lot of spares, what would you recommend order straight with the car, arms? Diff pinion? Diff spur? Are there aluminium center braces for the tekno? Thanks
No aluminum center braces available probably till M2C starts making them all the spares I bought on eBay pretty cheap and I just ordered a EB48 2.0 so some of the spares will work for that. I haven’t broke anything yet but I did bend the front driveshaft a couple times from jumping 80 ft plus it’s a pretty stout rig. I like to keep a spare ring and pinion and turnbuckles and driveshaft stub axles the rest is optional but so far running 6s it’s holding up well.

No aluminum center braces available probably till M2C starts making them all the spares I bought on eBay pretty cheap and I just ordered a EB48 2.0 so some of the spares will work for that. I haven’t broke anything yet but I did bend the front driveshaft a couple times from jumping 80 ft plus it’s a pretty stout rig. I like to keep a spare ring and pinion and turnbuckles and driveshaft stub axles the rest is optional but so far running 6s it’s holding up well.
Thanks, do you have a link for the parts on eBay, wondering if is there something like Jenny’s Rc, much cheaper than new.

waiting for the next build

Thanks, do you have a link for the parts on eBay, wondering if is there something like Jenny’s Rc, much cheaper than new.

waiting for the next build
Just search ET48 2.0 there was a few kits being parted out

Recent Popular Liked

Back