• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48.3 Basher build. No options spared! Check it out!

Desmobullet69

ET48.3 build basher build. Tons of added on parts to make this thing a beast and hopefully “bulletproof”. I’ll list all the parts in a post below as I continue the build. Enjoy!

Attachments

bbbowers

Tekno RC's
EB48, MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Now that is going to be a killer build! Watching to see the finished product. I love the game changer chasis! I just put one on my mt410.

devnull

You might want to reconsider using SS for hardware in areas of your build where the chassis might be exposed to high stress levels. I used to think that SS was the way to go, but SS screws aren't generally as strong as their steel counterparts. There are also considerations such as how SS and aluminum can exhibit galvanized corrosion.

There's plenty to read about insofar as screw grades and the SS/steel thing.

Desmobullet69

You are absolutely correct! Chassis will likely remain non SS for this reason. I live right next to the ocean. Anytime I can keep things from rusting I try to! Cheers!

Nicochau

Tekno RC's
EB48, ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Very cool, you’ll love that build. I can’t stress how much i like driving my teknos.

One suggestion though, those belted Trenchers are insanely heavy and they hurt your handling. For anything else than speed runs, i would suggest Badlands or Backflips LP. They could actually handle speed runs too with fishlines (Off road).

Desmobullet69

Very cool, you’ll love that build. I can’t stress how much i like driving my teknos.

One suggestion though, those belted Trenchers are insanely heavy and they hurt your handling. For anything else than speed runs, i would suggest Badlands or Backflips LP. They could actually handle speed runs too with fishlines (Off road).
Thanks! I have the DBOOT Backflips. Those are a great all around MT tire. The belted tires will mainly be used for some speed runs through the bumpy fields out here and to Bash around with. I’m running the 2mm offset hubs as well. This thing has a massively wide stance already! I’m hopeful the truck will handle well in the air and be more controlled without the ballooning of the tires. We shall see!

Desmobullet69

More progress! Did find out that the rear M2C shock tower brace i have only works on the Buggy and MT410 I believe. I’ll call M2C in the morning to see about getting the correct brace to finish the rear up and then begin building the shocks. Stay tuned!!!

Attachments

Nicochau

Tekno RC's
EB48, ET48
Driving Style
Basher
I think i answered to your Facebook post. Lol

You don’t need the large “upper tower brace” that fits only the MT410, you need the smaller brace (v3) that comes as part of this kit:

m2c6980 E TRUGGY 48.3 V2 REAR HORIZONTAL CHASSIS STIFFENER KIT

or this one too:

m2c6990 TEKNO MT410 V2EXTENDED CHASSIS "GO BIG" REAR CHASSIS KIT

01371944-449D-45C6-AF0F-2A7D5DAD8E27.jpeg

Desmobullet69

Now we’re getting somewhere!!! Have a little more electrical work, wheels/tires, body, and and then she’ll be ready!

Attachments

Desmobullet69

Day 4. Little by little...I can see myself getting more TEKNO kits to build. Really enjoyed this massive build. Quality still amazes me! Still need to fit body, paint, program, and test!

Attachments

Recent Popular Liked