• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 basher build power Vs weight debate!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilT

Reaction score
I have my 2.0 on order and debating my route!

We do some fun club running where anything goes and you get the heavy 6S beast being matched even on the long straights by the 4S lightweight, forgetting racing for a sec and pure bashing again there must be a point the additional power or offset by the additional!

I’m a Castle guy and had planned on that route, then looked at Tekin but have been warned off them as apparently outside of racing the larger bashing impacts can take their toll on their ESC’s

So guess I’m at MMX Vs MMX8s

And then to decide on voltage and motor choice, the obvious ones are 2200 1515 or maybe the 1650 1717 on 4-6S

Where are you guys going with your 2.0 bashers?!

We do some fun club running where anything goes and you get the heavy 6S beast being matched even on the long straights by the 4S lightweight, forgetting racing for a sec and pure bashing again there must be a point the additional power or offset by the additional!

I’m a Castle guy and had planned on that route, then looked at Tekin but have been warned off them as apparently outside of racing the larger bashing impacts can take their toll on their ESC’s

And then to decide on voltage and motor choice, the obvious ones are 2200 1515 or maybe the 1650 1717 on 4-6S

1717 won’t fit the et48, it’s too large of a can. Motor mount accepts up to 42mm diameter motors. You need to run a long motor. 4092 or 40102 sized. Castle has the 1520 which should do great on 6s.

Of course! I was just thinking of the motor length 👎🏼

I have been debating this exact question... I am not getting the performance I want out of the "massive motor + 6s battery" so I am debating dropping down to 4s and a smaller motor. Racing is pretty rough so what works in racing *should* work well enough in bashing (for example, like a Tekno rig itself, which is a race machine first and foremost).

On the other hand, the weight difference between a big 6s rig and a 4s rig shouldn't be more than 500 grams (including motor + battery). That's not a huge % of the total weight of the rig. Most bashers run tires that add more than 500 grams total vs a race rig.

Definitely curious to learn what others are finding here. For the record, I am struggling with heat, so I'm thinking of going DOWN on all parameters (smaller motor, smaller bettery, smaller tires) just to see if I can get temps in hand.

Beyond 6s and a 4082 motor, you start creating issues due to the amount of torque that goes through the driveline and the tires.

If temps are an issue, then lower kv is what you need to look for. I personally gear my rigs for more or less mid forties mph on 4s. I mainly bash-race my buddies at the parc and have a hardtime overheating my rigs.

it is going to be hard to meet your expectations if you’re squeezing that trigger non-stop. Consider giving your RC some breathing time.

So my it has MMX with a 1515 geared at 16t. And it works great the track. On hot days it can start to get motor temps close to toasty. But for bashing with larger tires it just does not cut the mustered and this is on 4s

personally if I were to do it I would still run the MMX due to I think it has all the power needed may want to upgrade the fan. But run the 1520 motor

this will be my next set up. You can always go bigger to help out temps down but the $$ just starts to get very high

the 1515 2200kv is great for racing (I suspect) but not for bashing, it will over heat when bashing, I just took it out of my mt410 and installed a 1520 1650kv. the 1520 runs warm to the touch after almost continuous full trigger on a 4S other than turning. loving the 1520 for bashing!!! was gonna get the et48 2.0 and got cold feet while on back order. I think the 1515 monster x combo would work better in the truggy than the mt for sure, hopefully I'll find out soon ;)

May I suggest keeping the mmx 6s esc. Mounting a yeah racing 30mm booster fan to the case and a hobbystar 4082 1600kv for 6s duty or 2200kv for 4s duty

6s overkill setup for sure. This thing mauls grass.

Tp4070 1520kV
Castle 8s ESC
20/44
A5E72168-8612-4481-8B7C-D6D7F1AE6D70.jpeg

I’ll likely have to deal with drivetrain issues though. Properly shimmed diffs, shimmed axles, using knurled set screws and orange loctite throughout as precautions.

Last edited:
6s overkill setup for sure. This thing mauls grass.

Tp4070 1520kV
Castle 8s ESC
20/44
View attachment 6734
I’ll likely have to deal with drivetrain issues though. Properly shimmed diffs, shimmed axles, using knurled set screws and orange loctite throughout as precautions.
You know I might just grab the MMX8s & 1650 1520 combo and go from there!

Had TP motors in the past wouldn’t mind trying something different 🤔

the 1515 2200kv is great for racing (I suspect) but not for bashing, it will over heat when bashing, I just took it out of my mt410 and installed a 1520 1650kv. the 1520 runs warm to the touch after almost continuous full trigger on a 4S other than turning. loving the 1520 for bashing!!! was gonna get the et48 2.0 and got cold feet while on back order. I think the 1515 monster x combo would work better in the truggy than the mt for sure, hopefully I'll find out soon ;)
Hi, what about the hobbywing xerun xr8 plus 4274 2250kv for bashing is not enough? On 6s

Hi, what about the hobbywing xerun xr8 plus 4274 2250kv for bashing is not enough? On 6s
It is not about the ESC, it’s the motor that has too much kv for 6s.

if you already have the combo, just get a motor in the 1500 to 1700kv range on ebay and you are good to go.

It is not about the ESC, it’s the motor that has too much kv for 6s.

if you already have the combo, just get a motor in the 1500 to 1700kv range on ebay and you are good to go.
I understand. For you which combo is the best for the et48 bashing mode with big 3.8 tires

6s 1900kv?

I understand. For you which combo is the best for the et48 bashing mode with big 3.8 tires

6s 1900kv?
Mamba Monster X or Max8, buy the ESC only and get an HobbyStar motor to your exact needs.

For reasonable 6s speed and main focus on reliability, I would pick a 4074 or 4076 motor in 1500kv configuration.

For hardcore power and endless runs, I would pick a longer 4082 or 4092 motor in 1700 to 1800kv. But then, you’re looking at ESC relocation and a LOT of torque though driveline and tires.

Mamba Monster X or Max8, buy the ESC only and get an HobbyStar motor to your exact needs.

For reasonable 6s speed and main focus on reliability, I would pick a 4074 or 4076 motor in 1500kv configuration.

For hardcore power and endless runs, I would pick a longer 4082 or 4092 motor in 1700 to 1800kv. But then, you’re looking at ESC relocation and a LOT of torque though driveline and tires.
Thanks a lot. I think I will take a 4074, I see what k can find.

Recent Popular Liked

Back