• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48 2.0 Electronics Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifti

Reaction score
While I wait for my EB48 to be delivered Ive started looking into electronics and I'm a little overwhelmed.
Buggy will not really be used for competition racing - more for general running in parking lots or in the park - already have a 4S LiPo so will most likely stick to running that, mainly flat tarmac or some gravel/short grass. I want to avoid overheating issues etc - happy to add a motor fan if need be.

Was looking for a ESC/Motor combo and have always had an eye on a Castle Creations set - maybe the Monster X set with 1515-2200kV motor:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WGQPVY...olid=1YYMSR9SMZ933&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

For the servo, I was looking at a Savox SB-2290SG, but think its a little overkill and is more used for crawlers etc?
Hence thinking of going with a SRT BH9032 : https://www.rprcdistribution.com/product-page/srt-bh9032-1-8-car-hv-brushless-servo

Still on the lookout for a Transmitter/Receiver. As Im not racing I don't want anything overly complicated!...

Thoughts on the above setup?

Last edited:
I just rebuilt a buggy a few days ago and went with Castle and a generic Truggy can I had laying around. If I had to do it again, I would just do the castle combo. You can save a few bucks by getting an ebay non-sensored motor if you wanted to.
Radio wise, I run Sanwa, Futaba and Radiolink. My favorite is the Sanwa with the RX-482 built-in antenna. I’m not a very sophisticated driver and like the simplicity of this Tx and the absence of a tube through the body! I have the MT-S, that is their entry range.

I have an XR8 plus and a Tekin 1900kv I am putting in my. I have ran the both combinations in my EB48.3 and I preferred the HW and 1900kv motor setup.

Castle is fine for bashing but its no where near as smooth as the HW XR8 but is still capable of doing the job.

I have an XR8 plus and a Tekin 1900kv I am putting in my. I have ran the both combinations in my EB48.3 and I preferred the HW and 1900kv motor setup.

Castle is fine for bashing but its no where near as smooth as the HW XR8 but is still capable of doing the job.

Thanks - yes that was my thought too, whether the Castle was more geared towards bashing etc!
Its just whether the XR8 is up to giving me good performance from the SRT Servo?

Either one will work fine with that servo. Both have BEC with adjustable voltages. But the XR8 plus will be so much more adjustable and smoother throttle response. They are both a little on the bulky side but the new EB48 2.0 has a bit more room in that area than the previous generations.

XR8 plus

Mamba MMX

Thanks - seems like the XR8 is the way to go!

When it comes to programming - is everything I need included in the box?
I do see they have a wireless module available - worth going for??

Thanks - may just go for the wireless module in that case!

Ok, so I think Ive decided on the below setup:

HW XeRun XR8 Plus with 1900kv Motor
Mod 1 17t Pinion
SRT BH9032 Servo
Tekno 25t Servo Horn

Just looking at transmitter/receiver now!

Mannnnnn........this delivery/shortage situation is so annoying!!

All my other bits are sitting ready to be sent to me - just waiting for the kit!!!!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 492
Mannnnnn........this delivery/shortage situation is so annoying!!

All my other bits are sitting ready to be sent to me - just waiting for the kit!!!!

Bits keep being delivered - maybe I went a bit OTT with this build, but hey, what the hell!
Just waiting on my Transmitter/Receiver to be delivered - then its just the package whenever the kit decides to arrive!!

Attachments

• IMG_1964.jpg
    IMG_1964.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 474

Recent Popular Liked

Back