• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48 2.0 Electronics Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to adjust the end points so that they are just stopping at that point. The screw and the washers are there so you can adjust the stopping point mechanically, but to keep the stresses lower on your servo you also want to dial back the EPA to the point where it stops when it touches. If you have it so it stops before touching then you will have slop in your steering at full throw.

@TBuggy

Thanks mate.

I've measured all my turn buckles and are happy they are all equal to its opposite side.

Basically I think it comes done to the teeth on servo and horn, one notch if too far the left, the next notch is too far the right.

So I've discovered sub trim. Setting that to r 50, and EPA 95 % for both sides, and it stops just at the stop.

I guess that is part of the use of subtrim.

Will look at screws you mentioned tomorrow.

Knackered now. The soldering took its toll on me. Stressful to a novice.

Id like to redo some of them, but covered most with heatshrink to hide the efforts.

So this is my electronics set up.

Soldering is not my strong point. But they all seem attached!

Guess I wait to see if any break...

Servo is getting scratched by the horn. And also I'm not convinced turns left as much as right. My EPA are reduced to 75% on the left on the transmitter to stop it hitting the stop screw. Not an issue with the right side.

Identical to my setup ;)

@TBuggy

Thanks mate.

I've measured all my turn buckles and are happy they are all equal to its opposite side.

Basically I think it comes done to the teeth on servo and horn, one notch if too far the left, the next notch is too far the right.

So I've discovered sub trim. Setting that to r 50, and EPA 95 % for both sides, and it stops just at the stop.

Id like to redo some of them, but covered most with heatshrink to hide the efforts.

Well...yes I just assumed you had things trimmed. Take your car out to a nice flat area and drive it straight and adjust your trim until it stays in a straight line without touching the controls.

Same here! I know how you feel! lol

Any one with the xr8 plus esc confirm that the capacitors rock a little? Of the three, all rock at least a little, but one a little more than the others. Looking closely it looks like two have some white stuff holding them in their socket, the other doesn't have this.

@TBuggy

Thanks mate.

Subtrim is your friend. I won't buy a radio unless it has sub-trim. Makes the job of centering the servo horn so much easier.

How do I set the steering endpoints on the MT-S?
I'm sure you got it figured out by now. You just gotta get in there and play with the settings while having the manual beside you. Different radios have different menus, and scrolling through settings can be awkward at first.

Any one with the xr8 plus esc confirm that the capacitors rock a little? Of the three, all rock at least a little, but one a little more than the others. Looking closely it looks like two have some white stuff holding them in their socket, the other doesn't have this.

Yup mine is the same ;)

Got this back on the capacitor query from the retailer. They don't seem too concerned about it. So I'll leave it at that.

"This is an interesting observation. Whilst it will have no outcome on the performance of the model clearly the additional supporting glue has just been missed for touching this particular component. if you wanted you could support the Capacitor with a small amount of hot melt glue or shoegoo or similar glue product but in our experience it is not necessary."

Recent Popular Liked

Back