• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Arms and suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafio

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
This vidéo helps to adjust arms

I've heard of folks reaming out the arms...and I believe it's even mentioned in the manual. However I never did it, i didn't see the need, my hinge pins didn't fall through but they still pivot easily, if i disconnect the turnbuckle, the arm falls freely. They'll also loosen up a bit over time just with use. If you ream them out they're just gonna develop more slop over time. if during assembly they push in harder than you can with your hand then maybe I'd consider this slightly, but slop is the enemy and reaming them out is just gonna make them develop slop faster... one of the tekno kit's strengths is the lack of slop compared to most other kits. one of the reasons i got rid of my RC8T3e is because the front end had a ridiculous amount of SLOP, just bad engineering, it drove me insane. the Tekno has VERY little.

You are right but I've read that was needed for some people.
I had one arm that was a bit to difficult

another thing to do when performing maintenance is to remove the shocks and check for nice free movement... sometimes cleaners like SimpleGreen and gunk up in the pin holes and I use a pipe cleaner to remove any build up in the arms and polish the pins with some teflon spray :)

another thing to do when performing maintenance is to remove the shocks and check for nice free movement... sometimes cleaners like SimpleGreen and gunk up in the pin holes and I use a pipe cleaner to remove any build up in the arms and polish the pins with some teflon spray :)

100% correct. Sometimes just some clay buildup. I check mine in between every race day. Also a good check to see if anything is bent, loose, etc. Only takes a minute to remove the shocks.

Recent Popular Liked

Back