• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Weak suspension arms/hinge pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barsk

Reaction score
I've had some crashes for sure. But no harder than my fellow racers at the club. Still I have bent three inner hinge pins and made the hole for the hinge pin bushing oval in a few suspension arms already. Well, both the hinge pins and the suspension arms are not that expensive so it is no big deal money wise. But I do think that both the construction and material used here is somewhat under par. Using bushings makes the arms feel very free, but it also makes an impact affect just the few millimeters of plastic that the busing covers. A more standard approach of using no bushing and have the plastic cover the whole hinge pin would make it a lot more resilient. The forces of an impact would be spread over a larger area. Also the hinge pin gets bent by these crash forces due to it is uncovered and unsupported in the middle of the suspension arm, I think.

I'm not sure if it is the material or construction that is to blame, but I would be VERY happy if Tekno RC would release some updated parts here. Or at least make the parts for the next gen backwards compatible. Whenever an EB48 2.1 might come out... :)

I haven't tried the graphite susp arms that is an option, they seem not to be in stock in the EU where I have looked. I fear they will simply break instead of becoming oval though.

This said, I want to stress that this is by no means a big problem. An area for improvement though.

Last edited:
20210910_171616.jpg

I did a similar thing landing hard a little too nose heavy on the front wheels. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you though.

Well, in case the steel is too soft another brand if pins might help. I would have liked to try the Xray dito, but it is too short. The Sworkz hinge pins was 68.5 mm. The originals I measured to 69 mm. So they should work.
Traxxas has some that is 85 mm and could be cut to length. Not sure they are any stiffer though.

I will get some Sworkz pins and see how they fare.

Recent Popular Liked

Back