• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Are people putting 6s LiPo in the Tekno MT410?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic01

Reaction score
Am I reading this right ? People are putting 6s lipo set ups in the tekno mt410? Is this the TEKIN 200kv motor and the rx8 gen 2 set up? I've got my kit on the way, just trying to clear up where I want to be with this project when compleated, any suggestions are very appreciated.

Yes people are putting 6s in the MT. I am pretty sure the tekin RX8 can not handle more than 4s. You would need to get a different ESC for running 6s. I would also suggest a lower KV motor as well, with the assumption you actually meant to type 2000kv?

Someone here that runs 6s will chime in I am sure. I dont run anything above 4s currently. Also I think 4s is plenty powerful and will be a lot less wear and tear on the drive train.

To @TBuggy ‘s point, i’m a bit conservative too on power and batteries. 4s is plenty for control, 5s makes my Truggy go really fast, 6s would just turn it into grass destroyer.

2000kv is more of a 4s setup.

Rx8 is 6s compatible.

Thanx guys , I'm still in deliberation stage , I would rather go with less than 6s , like you said less wear n tear , heat and all that , but jeeeeeze ! That's prolly the only battery I don't have , rrrrattsss !

Also , with wide wheel base and big Badlands , is everybody running a servo saver ?

The steering rack has an adjustable servo saver built into it. The oversized mx38s do require a stout servo though.

As for your original question MT is capable of handling 6s. But a lot of people think 4s is enough to get the truck to drive how they would like without overwhelming it.

Hobbywing max 8 or max 6 as well as Castle monster escs are popular.

My buddy has the hobby wing 2200kv combo in his mt410 and loves it. Mind you he doesn’t take it on open fields strictly bmx tracks. I have the castle mmx 2200kv combo in my et48.3 and it is a lot of power even at 3/4 throttle it will still wheelie when I punch it. It has maybe 6 6s packs through it and still all good. I did upgrade the rear center dog bone and I have the metal spur gear on stand by if need be. But I do like the plastic spurs they are very quiet

4S is plenty of power because the truck is a lot lighter than a RTR basher of the same scale. I only ran 4S in my erevo because I was certain that everything would break on 6S. I think it would be fun to put 6S in mine because I have the Max 8 Combo but for all the time driving 4S is a lot of fun.

I agree with others regarding 4S being plenty of power and speed. Except when running in large open areas. You will definitely want more speed/power when running in a large areas as the car will feel slow otherwise.

For me, nothing compares to the excitement of a 1/8 truggy blasting past at 60~ mph! especially when the ET48.3 is so controllable and capable when doing so.

I run 4 batteries in the car 2 4S and 2 6S. In the 5 months I have owned the car, even running it most weekends I haven't noticed any excessive wear on driveshafts, diff inputs, diff outdrives or the diffs themselves. The outdrives will require replacing soon but I'm impressed at the slow wear rate of these parts.

Last edited:
I just talked with amain hobbies , my kit will be here Friday , decided on the TEKIN 2250kv and Rx8 gen 3 combo , could I get some input on what bodies are good on this project ? I was thinking about duct tapeing the inside of my Traxxas skully body , but it looks a little short , any cool ideas would be greatly appreciated , thanx guys !

I just talked with amain hobbies , my kit will be here Friday , decided on the TEKIN 2250kv and Rx8 gen 3 combo , could I get some input on what bodies are good on this project ? I was thinking about duct tapeing the inside of my Traxxas skully body , but it looks a little short , any cool ideas would be greatly appreciated , thanx guys !
The Pro-Line '72 Chevy C-10 is a good fit and much better than my Pro-Line '56 Ford F-100. It looks cooler but the wheelbase of the 56 is shorter so it looks weird. I'm about to put a Buggy body on mine with a wing so I can race it at the local track. Attached is a pic of the C-10 body on a MT410 and a pic of the buggy body I'm putting on mine which is a EB48.4 body but I'm painting it.

Attachments

• C10 body on MT410.jpg
    C10 body on MT410.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 658
  • EB48.4 BODY.jpg
    EB48.4 BODY.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 537
Thanx ! For that I'll put that in my list , I'm getting the 2250kv motor , I can barely wait to get this thing going ???

I really like the proline 72 C10 long bed (pn 3227-00) I think those trucks look great and luckily the body fits the mt410 really well

[GALLERY=media, 271][/GALLERY]

My second favorite body is the ford raptor A lot of people here have really made them look nice on the mt

Tekno-MT410-worth_angle.jpg

Well I've come up with another quandry , is everybody running a b.e.c. since I'm putting in a brute Force servo for this thing ?????

My mamba monster has an 8 amp, adjustable voltage bec built in that so far hasn’t had any problems running my servo and fans. I believe the RX8 has a similarly capable bec. You probably won’t need an external bec.

That's awesome ,I'm 63 years old been doing gas r.c. for centuries , this electric stuff is a learning process for me , I'll prolly call TEKIN techs have them help me dile it in , if it comes to that , allwzys try ity self first ??

Went with the c10 long bed for a body , thanx much for that suggestion , got the kit and got all the way to the shock build decided to take a break till tomorrow night , one thing I can't figger ,,, what is the - 0 - ring for at the bottom of the servo saver , don't make sense , I think? Lots of fun building this thing , just like the et 410 , I'm wondering maybe even worrying about the fitting of the 2250kv and the gen 3 , is this stuff gunna fit ??

Went with the c10 long bed for a body , thanx much for that suggestion , got the kit and got all the way to the shock build decided to take a break till tomorrow night , one thing I can't figger ,,, what is the - 0 - ring for at the bottom of the servo saver , don't make sense , I think? Lots of fun building this thing , just like the et 410 , I'm wondering maybe even worrying about the fitting of the 2250kv and the gen 3 , is this stuff gunna fit ??
I am at the shock build now, I too wonder about the 'O' ring at the bottom of the servo saver.
I went with the 2008 Ford F-250 body. Can't wait to paint it.
Half the fun is the build for sure.

Your tekin combo will fit perfectly , the mt410 was designed around tekin components .

Recent Popular Liked

Back