• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

AJH387 ET410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJH387

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
OK, so I'm a little late to the party here. Picked my truck up and then went on vaca. But I'm back now and started the build. I had everything purchased before picking up the kit. So that was nice. Everything is brand new except my Pro 4 motor, which was used. I wasn't totally sure if this motor would be the best route or if I want to do something like a 6.5t Redline 2 pole. So I bought pinions for both motors, just in case. But for now, we will do the Pro 4 and hope it rips, but is still controllable on the track.
20180808_193706 (1).jpg

Night 2 up to the point to bolt everything to the chassis plate. Also the body is done. Don't judge my painting skills lol. Regardless, it looks cool, in my opinion. I really like the Transformer / Dicepticon logos and the sticker sheet in general.

So far, the kit is really good. The diffs are beastly. Everything is very well explained in the manual. The kit feels quality. Screws go into the plastic very nicely. Turnbuckles are hard to turn but I don't mind that, as it is to be expected. I put a dab on grease in to help. So hopefully tonight I can make some more progress.
20180819_222107.jpg

20180819_222113.jpg

Lol I have been there too. I'm pretty terrible but I do my best. But I do think it turned out decent. But I like all of my track vehicles to have a similar look to them, so it is what it is.

Any other tips from guys that have built / run these things? I am just starting with what is considered 'stock settings' but didn't know if anyone had any tips or anything different they have found since they have run them?

1 upgrade I will probably do is just to get aluminum shock caps. The stock ones seem pretty lame, especially having to drill out the vent etc.

Lol I have been there too. I'm pretty terrible but I do my best. But I do think it turned out decent. But I like all of my track vehicles to have a similar look to them, so it is what it is.

Any other tips from guys that have built / run these things? I am just starting with what is considered 'stock settings' but didn't know if anyone had any tips or anything different they have found since they have run them?

1 upgrade I will probably do is just to get aluminum shock caps. The stock ones seem pretty lame, especially having to drill out the vent etc.

Did the shock caps give you a problem on this one like the EB410? Mine could not have went on any smoother. Being they are pretty much hidden under the body I am not really worried about aluminum caps with this one. Besides both of my EB410's have aluminum caps so I have a bunch of spare stock caps un-used siting around. I am going to burn through those before upgrading to the aluminum caps.

Did the shock caps give you a problem on this one like the EB410? Mine could not have went on any smoother. Being they are pretty much hidden under the body I am not really worried about aluminum caps with this one. Besides both of my EB410's have aluminum caps so I have a bunch of spare stock caps un-used siting around. I am going to burn through those before upgrading to the aluminum caps.
I don't have an EB410 unfortunately lol. But you make some good points. I wouldn't say that the caps have given me problems. They just seem a bit rinky dink compared to everything else. I thought I read that people were saying they didn't always come in totally round, from the package. Just seemed the aluminum was a worthwhile upgrade. I mean, if the plastic work then I have no problem running them. Just seemed like it would be worth the $ to upgrade.

Thank you!

Was hoping to get everything completed last night and add electronics this evening, but ended up working late etc. So I did make some progress and should be at that point tomorrow. Still shooting for Thursday as the first run for it. Hopefully I can do that. I put the body on and slid the wheels on, just to see. Looks sweet. BTW, I realize the yellows don't match but I run Positrons on yellow wheels and Electrons on white on this and my 22 4.0. Just makes it easier for me to keep track.

20180820_230510.jpg

So I'm basically done. Everything is built. I just wanted to take my time soldering the RSX esc, so I still need to do that, set it up and connect the servo after it is centered etc. But I seem to be on track to run tomorrow night's practice. After everything is soldered and permanently in it's place, I'll post some under hood shots. Right now, stuff is still messy until I get it all done. But from the outside, I like it. After the pic, I set the droop and had to slightly adjust the rear turnbuckles. Maybe my only complaint (or it's just me) is like I said before, the turnbuckles are TIGHT on the threads. That is even with a dab of grease. So when you put a wrench on to adjust they are too stiff and the ballcups pop off. Not a big deal, but on my 22, I can make adjustments much easier in that area. I may end up buying an aluminum servo horn too. Not sure.
20180821_221420.jpg

Last edited:
Buy an aluminum horn for sure.
OK cool. I'll pick one up tomm night. Thanks.
And thanks to the whole brand for making this thing. Prob most excited I've ever been for a new RC.

So I'm basically done. Everything is built. I just wanted to take my time soldering the RSX esc, so I still need to do that, set it up and connect the servo after it is centered etc. But I seem to be on track to run tomorrow night's practice. After everything is soldered and permanently in it's place, I'll post some under hood shots. Right now, stuff is still messy until I get it all done. But from the outside, I like it. After the pic, I set the droop and had to slightly adjust the rear turnbuckles. Maybe my only complaint (or it's just me) is like I said before, the turnbuckles are TIGHT on the threads. That is even with a dab of grease. So when you put a wrench on to adjust they are too stiff and the ballcups pop off. Not a big deal, but on my 22, I can make adjustments much easier in that area. I may end up buying an aluminum servo horn too. Not sure.
View attachment 1345

Chapstick works like a charm for lubing up the ball cup ends. Without it though you are right they don't like to turn without a second hand hold the cup in place.
IMG_3705.JPG

Ya I maybe should've done that. I notice it suggested that in the manual. I didn't have any handy. I just used a dab of black grease like my TLR kits suggest, but they still are way tighter than I expected. Oh well, not a big deal.

Your ET410 is looking good! Let us know how it runs!!

Thanks. I ended up not getting everything dialed in by Wednesday evening, so I couldn't pack all of my stuff yesterday morning for practice (I have to go straight from work). But I do have it all good and ready to go now. I finished it last night and ran it around the house a bit. I brought it with me to work today, to run afterwards. We have a big parking lot. So I can at least drive it more and see how it is. Then I should be good to go for next week's track night.

Got to run a little bit. Man, this thing is sweet. The Pro4 motor seemed like a good choice. Got good run times (ran 2 packs through it). It's a lot more controllable than I expected. Handling is very smooth. Suspension was as well. I actually cranked the collars down a bit but other than that, left it alone for now. Let 2 buddies drive it and they both were impressed. Our track is in the process of a total redesign. Can't wait for Thursday to get the truck out there on it.
20180824_165814sm.jpg

Totally agree about the Pro4...was wondering if it was going to be too much power myself but its super smooth and has some mad controllable power! In fact, I was clearing triples with mine that typically only the 1/8 scale rigs can!

Totally agree about the Pro4...was wondering if it was going to be too much power myself but its super smooth and has some mad controllable power! In fact, I was clearing triples with mine that typically only the 1/8 scale rigs can!
Awesome. Ya, I am pretty happy with this motor choice, so far. Hopefully the truck does well this week at our track. From the pics, looks like we have some big hits now too.

Also, I upgraded to the alum servo arm last night. So that all went well. Other wise, just going to run it as-is, until I feel the need to upgrade.

Finally got a solid night at the track with this thing. First night went well. Our track has some big air and I was really impressed by how the truck jumps. It does fly a bit nose-heavy compared to my Super Light, but not it a bad way. It just has a different feel than my buggy. Also, I feel like it a lot of the corners, this truggy likes to be steered with the throttle. At least on our dirt, I found that to be a better technique than trying to finesse it through s-bends and whatnot. Other than that, not too much else to say. I am pretty stock on settings. Changed the ride height a bit and stiffened up the suspension. Otherwise, that is it. I guess once I get more time then I can start trying to fine tune. As with most reviews that I have seen on this truck, it is a blast to drive. I had a ton of fun with it and am really happy.
20180830_184202sm.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back