• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

6S and Tekin 1350 - looking for feedback

Fergusonv

Looking for advice. I want to run 6S and Tekin.
I've got my kit ordered and was about to place an order for esc and motor but thought it best to get feedback here first. It appears to me that the best 6S rated motor offered by Tekin is the 1350 Truggy motor. I was thinking 17/44 gearing (steel spur already arrived). Looks like all the current Tekins are 77mm in length. Any concerns for fit? Any reason this would not be a decent/good setup?

The motor should fit if you are using the Tekin RX8 ESC, which is a bit smaller than castle or hobbywing.

The gearing will depend on tires. With the Pro-Line badlands, you can go to a bigger pinion. A 17t would be geared for ~46mph on 6s. 18t would put you right about 50mph. If you use larger tires like the backflips then a 17t should be perfect and gear you at around 52mph.

ToBeFrank

I'm running that setup with a 17T. On a 75 degree day the motor gets hot. I have a a temp sensor with telemetry so I can monitor it real time. I couldn't get through a battery and keep it under 180 while bashing in loose dirt.

Recent Popular Liked