• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

6S and Tekin 1350 - looking for feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergusonv

Reaction score
Looking for advice. I want to run 6S and Tekin.
I've got my kit ordered and was about to place an order for esc and motor but thought it best to get feedback here first. It appears to me that the best 6S rated motor offered by Tekin is the 1350 Truggy motor. I was thinking 17/44 gearing (steel spur already arrived). Looks like all the current Tekins are 77mm in length. Any concerns for fit? Any reason this would not be a decent/good setup?

The motor should fit if you are using the Tekin RX8 ESC, which is a bit smaller than castle or hobbywing.

The gearing will depend on tires. With the Pro-Line badlands, you can go to a bigger pinion. A 17t would be geared for ~46mph on 6s. 18t would put you right about 50mph. If you use larger tires like the backflips then a 17t should be perfect and gear you at around 52mph.

Good to hear. I have some 3.8 regular badlands for it already. I'll pick up a 18t as well.

I'm running that setup with a 17T. On a 75 degree day the motor gets hot. I have a a temp sensor with telemetry so I can monitor it real time. I couldn't get through a battery and keep it under 180 while bashing in loose dirt.

@Fergusonv I'm new to the Tekno world and recently picked up an MT410. Do you have any updates as far as what you ended up going with and how things are working out for you?

I run the gen 3 tekin esc with my tekin 2050kv on 6s yea it gets hot. And this gen 3 replaced my gen 2 that went up in smoke (large fire). I just for burnt up another gen 3 in my tekno because im stupid and wanted to see how my new tp power 2950kv (6s) 4070 felt. If it could just have handled the current it was insane! Lasted 30-35 seconds. I fully understand Kv now lol so wasn’t complete waste I guess. Btw non of this is saying tekin suck, quite the opposite.

I run the gen 3 tekin esc with my tekin 2050kv on 6s yea it gets hot. And this gen 3 replaced my gen 2 that went up in smoke (large fire). I just for burnt up another gen 3 in my tekno because im stupid and wanted to see how my new tp power 2950kv (6s) 4070 felt. If it could just have handled the current it was insane! Lasted 30-35 seconds. I fully understand Kv now lol so wasn’t complete waste I guess. Btw non of this is saying tekin suck, quite the opposite.
You'll need an XLX for that kind of power.

Yea I don’t really know what I was thinking with this motor. Highly doubt I’m running it, if anyone knows or is interested let me know. I’ll sell it 50 bucks off msrp. As stated it’s got 30-35 seconds on it lol

Recent Popular Liked

Back