• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What is your battery charger of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I'm still using my old and trusty Hyperion EOS 0606i charger. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while now and recently came across a setup posted over at ArrmaForum that's really got me interested.

The setup consists of a 900 watt 75 amp power supply and an ISDT Q6 Plus 300 watt charger.

Grand total for everything would be less than $150 and would be capable of charging pretty much anything I'd need for the foreseeable future.

What are your thoughts?

I got the Protek Prodigy 625 Duo Touch last month when I got my new batteries and electronics, as I needed a charger that could charge LiHV batteries. I love it. AC/DC so no need for a power supply, dual touch screens, easy to use and it's super powerful 25 amp x 2, 200 watt x 2 charging. More options than I'll ever use, but I do really like the USB jack so I can charge phones and other stuff at the track. It is a bit bigger than a lot of chargers out there, but that's to be expected when you have that much power without a separate power supply. $249.99 I think...

I’m now using a converted server power supply with an icharger x6. Small and awesome! I transport the PS, icharger and batteries in an ammo can.

So I picked up the ISDT Q6 charger and have a 1000watt 24 volt server power supply setup that should be here this week. Looking forward to testing the new system.
Which power supply system did you buy?

Did you get the carbon fiber wrap?
Yes of course I did. :D

The PSU is setup to have a few extra outputs so I should be able to run 2-3 ISDT Q6 chargers easily off of the PSU.

The power supply came in this evening and it looks great and has a very small footprint.

Charger: iSDT Q6 Plus
Power supply: HP 24v 1000watt

rc-power-supply.jpg

rc-power-supply-back.jpg

isdt-charger-rc-power-supply.jpg

Are we actually charging batteries at 20 or 30 amps? It is my understanding that charging a 4s over 6 amps will harm the battery in the long run. If I've been misinformed what amperage can a 4s be charged at without doing any unnecessary damage to the battery. It take 1.5 hours to charge my 4s's up, would love to be able to decrease that time if I can. My charger will charge up to 12 amps on each channel.
Most batteries are able to charge at 2c and not do any damage. Some manufacturers will say

As stated, I'm on the ProTek 625 Duo Touch, still love it... for an ac/dc set up it's potent.... but I have started reading on iChargers and when i wear mine out i may switch as I do run stock classes mostly

As stated, I'm on the ProTek 625 Duo Touch, still love it... for an ac/dc set up it's potent.... but I have started reading on iChargers and when i wear mine out i may switch as I do run stock classes mostly
I don’t race at all atm but I did purchase a PS and the icharger x6 and that little thing is nice! Chargers my SMC 6s 5400 mah LiPo in less than 20 mins at 2c from storage voltage. I can fit everything in an ammo can to lug around.

Hi...in my case the PL8 uses a couple Dell server power supplies for 24V DC input and the DPL8 is built into a charging case with a pair of HP server power supplies and a Revolectrix bump controller.

pcb assembly services

Last edited:
I use an iSDT T6 Lite with 24v DC 500w power supply, it happily charges anything I throw at it..?
Was going to upgrade to 750w but just haven't needed to yet..??

Hota's D6 & H6 Pro chargers
It seems like every couple of years I upgrade my chargers for whatever reasons. Most of the time it's because of wanting more power or a feature on the new generation of chargers out there. I didn't want to go all out, and spend the money on the iCharger that I have been eyeballing for years.

My past chargers were somewhat slow when it came to that constant voltage part of a balance charge when cells are aging at different rates. It would take, what seemed like, forever to balance charge some LiPo packs. That's when I started researching what makes the higher end chargers so much better. The main reason I chose the Hota D6 was the balance current spec on the charger (1600mA x2) is as much as 5x greater than what I have been using.

I started using the Hota D6 at the beginning of the year.
1596496237009.png

I opted for the DC only version, 'cause I already had a 12V server power supply converted when one of my other charger's internal power supply decided to crap out on me. The only gripe I have about the D6 is the internal resistance readings are only available while charging.

I liked Hota's D6 so much, I sold my old faithful Hitec charger and purchased the Hota H6 Pro. They can be found for $79.99 at times on Banggood.
1596497293063.png

The H6 Pro has a bit more power than the D6. It will be used solely for my 4S charging needs, and the D6 dual port will be taking care of my 2S family of LiPo packs. The only complaint I have for the H6 Pro is there is no "kickstand" to adjust the screen angle. This would be a great job for a 3D printer owner to take on. I went with a tiny phone stand I found on Amazon...
1596498923526.png

20200723_172547.jpg

20200803_151410.jpg

Hota's D6 & H6 Pro chargers
It seems like every couple of years I upgrade my chargers for whatever reasons. Most of the time it's because of wanting more power or a feature on the new generation of chargers out there. I didn't want to go all out, and spend the money on the iCharger that I have been eyeballing for years.

My past chargers were somewhat slow when it came to that constant voltage part of a balance charge when cells are aging at different rates. It would take, what seemed like, forever to balance charge some LiPo packs. That's when I started researching what makes the higher end chargers so much better. The main reason I chose the Hota D6 was the balance current spec on the charger (1600mA x2) is as much as 5x greater than what I have been using.

I started using the Hota D6 at the beginning of the year.
View attachment 5201
I opted for the DC only version, 'cause I already had a 12V server power supply converted when one of my other charger's internal power supply decided to crap out on me. The only gripe I have about the D6 is the internal resistance readings are only available while charging.

I liked Hota's D6 so much, I sold my old faithful Hitec charger and purchased the Hota H6 Pro. They can be found for $79.99 at times on Banggood.
View attachment 5203
The H6 Pro has a bit more power than the D6. It will be used solely for my 4S charging needs, and the D6 dual port will be taking care of my 2S family of LiPo packs. The only complaint I have for the H6 Pro is there is no "kickstand" to adjust the screen angle. This would be a great job for a 3D printer owner to take on. I went with a tiny phone stand I found on Amazon...
View attachment 5205
View attachment 5206
View attachment 5207
I may have to get a Hota H6 Pro I’ve been eyeing one of them also. Seems like a great deal! For now I’m happy with this little Turnigy T240 I use

Attachments

• 41DEF006-88EF-4454-97CB-9EAC47EE7CB4.jpeg
    41DEF006-88EF-4454-97CB-9EAC47EE7CB4.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 404
  • B9A96BB0-571A-4120-B629-CA75D1A8B264.jpeg
    B9A96BB0-571A-4120-B629-CA75D1A8B264.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 423

Recent Popular Liked

Back