• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What is your battery charger of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little faster than what you have now LOL. It would be 15 times faster. That one doesn't look bad at all and it looks like it keeps it balanced while it discharges. I would imagine there would be protection built into it as well.

I was looking at the ones below but the thing I don't like about them is that they only discharge. They do not do a balance discharge. So I would need to discharge and then most likely do a balance storage charge.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/isdt-f...YtoMsyO5hff0JZYnKD2xeov8vU1ky9ExoCKxoQAvD_BwE

https://www.amainhobbies.com/gforce-gd200-30-amp-lipo-battery-discharger-gfc0270/p717457

LOL 15 times faster! Then I am gonna go ahead and pick it up. I seen it even cheaper, but it comes from China. We all know about waiting for that ship to arrive and clear customs, takes forever. I am glad you asked to see the link, thanks for the info.

Purchased!

LOL 15 times faster! Then I am gonna go ahead and pick it up. I seen it even cheaper, but it comes from China. We all know about waiting for that ship to arrive and clear customs, takes forever. I am glad you asked to see the link, thanks for the info.

Purchased!
Your charger is 10 watts and this is 150 watts so this thing should cruise for discharging. Make sure to let us know how well it works and if it does indeed keep the cells balanced while it discharges.

HP-EOS720iDUO3 Hyperion Super Duo 7S 16N Charger-Dual 20A 500W
  • Charge only mode (SOLO or SYNC)
  • Balance Charge mode (SOLO or SYNC)
  • Balance only mode (SOLO or SYNC)
  • Cycle mode
  • Discharge mode (40W per port w/ 5A max current)
  • Lipo & LiFePO4/A123 Storage mode (Allows fast and simple discharge to 60-70% capacity for proper storage voltage = longer battery life)

i like using a hitec x2 high power, nice quality ad good price for a high end dual charger, plus the voice thing is kinda cool

Your charger is 10 watts and this is 150 watts so this thing should cruise for discharging. Make sure to let us know how well it works and if it does indeed keep the cells balanced while it discharges.

Will do, should be hear early next week. I'll charge a battery to full capacity and see how it does.

I have a Venom Pro Duo. Great charger, minus one stupid firmware glitch where if the battery is not connected "negative --> balance --> positive" it gives a "High Voltage Error." Which beeps and scares my crapless.

Anything Hyperion. I have about a dozen chargers and I charge both NIMH and Lipo batteries. Nothing will peak a battery like a Hyperion charger.

I have a Venom Pro Duo. Great charger, minus one stupid firmware glitch where if the battery is not connected "negative --> balance --> positive" it gives a "High Voltage Error." Which beeps and scares my crapless.
i love the hitec x2 high power, great for the money and feels nice plus the voice is nice to talk to since rc guys some times are alone ;)

im using a trx ezpeak right now. simple and works.
trx-charger.jpg

I use 5200mah 2s batteries with a Team Tenergy synchronous balancing charger.

A little faster than what you have now LOL. It would be 15 times faster. That one doesn't look bad at all and it looks like it keeps it balanced while it discharges. I would imagine there would be protection built into it as well.

I was looking at the ones below but the thing I don't like about them is that they only discharge. They do not do a balance discharge. So I would need to discharge and then most likely do a balance storage charge.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/isdt-f...YtoMsyO5hff0JZYnKD2xeov8vU1ky9ExoCKxoQAvD_BwE

https://www.amainhobbies.com/gforce-gd200-30-amp-lipo-battery-discharger-gfc0270/p717457
I like the idea of a separate discharger. It could be left at home in the charging station. Discharge rates are limited on cheaper charging systems. I’m always coming home with fully charged batteries after breakdowns. That’s why I always bring 2 rigs to the track

I’m using the B6AC at home and the Pro Duo at the track. The Sky RC discharges at 2 amps and charges at 6, where the Venom
A99A5E3A-5505-4365-B30A-6070EDE77C26.jpeg
is 1 amp discharge and 7 amp charge.

I’m using the B6AC at home and the Pro Duo at the track. The Sky RC discharges at 2 amps and charges at 6, where the VenomView attachment 142 is 1 amp discharge and 7 amp charge.
I only charge at 1c to get the most life out of my batteries even though some have a 5c rating. The exception is when you forget to charge a pack before a heat. Doh...

I like the idea of a separate discharger. It could be left at home in the charging station. Discharge rates are limited on cheaper charging systems. I’m always coming home with fully charged batteries after breakdowns. That’s why I always bring 2 rigs to the track
Yeah a lot of chargers have pretty weak discharge systems. They get the job done, but it's very slow. I think I might look into getting a discharger as well. I really want to hear back on that one that @cordell12 ordered.

One thing to keep in mind with charging and discharging amperage is that just because you can set the charger to a certain amount of amps, doesn't mean that your charger can do that much for the battery size that you have. Your B6AC and my Hitec X4 AC Plus have 5 watts of discharge per channel, which for a 4s battery equals approximately 0.3 amps of discharging. That's why I do all of my discharging on my Hitec X2 700, which has 30 watts per channel, so I can discharge a 4s battery at about 1.8 amps.

Reactions: Jeb
Yeah a lot of chargers have pretty weak discharge systems. They get the job done, but it's very slow. I think I might look into getting a discharger as well. I really want to hear back on that one that @cordell12 ordered.

One thing to keep in mind with charging and discharging amperage is that just because you can set the charger to a certain amount of amps, doesn't mean that your charger can do that much for the battery size that you have. Your B6AC and my Hitec X4 AC Plus have 5 watts of discharge per channel, which for a 4s battery equals approximately 0.3 amps of discharging. That's why I do all of my discharging on my Hitec X2 700, which has 30 watts per channel, so I can discharge a 4s battery at about 1.8 amps.
I’m just running 2S currently. Daydreaming of a Truggy though.

I’m just running 2S currently. Daydreaming of a Truggy though.
I charge my batteries at 1c as well and I don't race so if I forget to charge them I just wait a little longer LOL. Yeah, I was looking at the ET48 but I found it hard to justify the extra money so I went with the MT410. Between your two chargers, do you like one of them better than the other, besides the obvious power advantage of the Venom?

I charge my batteries at 1c as well and I don't race so if I forget to charge them I just wait a little longer LOL. Yeah, I was looking at the ET48 but I found it hard to justify the extra money so I went with the MT410. Between your two chargers, do you like one of them better than the other, besides the obvious power advantage of the Venom?
I like the duo for running multiple classes at the track because it can do 2 batteries at the same time. The sky rc is half the price and maxes at 6 amps where the Venom is 7 and I run SMC 7200’s at the track. I have the sky rc set up with a 5 amp cigarette lighter plug so I can charge in places without power or on the road traveling to a track. I like them both for different reasons I guess. The Sky RC discharges faster and is more adjustable, but lacks charging power. I thought I was going to sell it when I got the duo, but having 2 is helpful when my son and his friends come with me.

I like the duo for running multiple classes at the track because it can do 2 batteries at the same time. The sky rc is half the price and maxes at 6 amps where the Venom is 7 and I run SMC 7200’s at the track. I have the sky rc set up with a 5 amp cigarette lighter plug so I can charge in places without power or on the road traveling to a track. I like them both for different reasons I guess. The Sky RC discharges faster and is more adjustable, but lacks charging power. I thought I was going to sell it when I got the duo, but having 2 is helpful when my son and his friends come with me.
I hear you on having more than one charger and having multiple channels. I thought I was going to sell my X4 AC Plus after I got my X2 700, but having the extra charger is nice, especially for my 2200mah 2s batteries for my mini Revo, which 50 watts per channel is more than enough for.

It's interesting that your Sky RC discharges faster. According to the specs, both of the chargers have 5 watts per channel discharging. I wonder why the Sky RC discharges faster when they should discharge at the same rates.

Recent Popular Liked

Back