• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

The Mongol Monster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongol Pete

Reaction score
Hi from Ulaanbaatar Tekno fans,

Our MT410 is ready to rip (once the new motor arrives) on 6s in the and of the Great Khaan! Was running a SkyRC 1950kv Toro motor with the Max 8 ESC on 4s, but that motor could not handle 6s. We'll now try the Max 8/2200kv EZRUN combo, a couple of HV fans, two 3s lipos and I'll drop from a 16t to 15t pinion. We shall see. Whatever happens, this body won't last so enjoy the pics while it's pretty.

-MP
IMG_5419.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5413.JPG
    IMG_5413.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_5414.JPG
    IMG_5414.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_5415.JPG
    IMG_5415.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_5417.JPG
    IMG_5417.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_5418.JPG
    IMG_5418.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_5420.JPG
    IMG_5420.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_5421.JPG
    IMG_5421.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 371
Looking good, what body is that?

Hi Buzz,

It's the Delta Plastiks 2mm SCT body. It is lined with gorilla tape. The wing attachments are cut out from mud flaps, very strong! We shall see how it holds up.

Man, that body looks great!

What do you mean by the Toro motor doesn’t hold up to 6S? I think I’m running the same motor.

Hello Mongoose,
The SkyRC Toro 1950kv motor was fine on 4s, but this happened on the second run when I switched to 6s.

Attachments

• IMG_5363.JPG
    IMG_5363.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 334
@Mongol Pete welcome to TeknoForums! Good looking Tekno MT410 you've got there!

Wow, I’m going to have to keep my eye on mine then I guess. I’ve only ran 5S so far and it has seemed to handle it well.

Is this the one you are talking about?

https://www.rcjuice.com/skyrc-toro-...otor-for-1-8-truggy-monster-truck-1950kv.html
That is the motor my Mongol Monster ate, yes. A decent motor heatsink and fan might be a good investment. I have ordered HV fans for my new motor and the ESC as well.

Thank you for the heads up! What HV fans were you going to go with? The Yeah Racing fans in Overkill’s “Bulletproof” thread looking pretty good.

I've heard that the Yeah Racing fans are top notch. I ordered 2 fans, a 30mm for the Max 8 ESC, and a 40mm with a clamp mount for the EZRUN motor (2200kv). Both are high voltage, high-RPM Maclan fans.

Good deal, I’ve been running around 160 with it and it really hasn’t been too hot here yet, hottest it’s been when I have been out is about 75. Pretty sure I’m going to need some fans on the 80-90 degree days.

What was the motor temp when it blew?

Good deal, I’ve been running around 160 with it and it really hasn’t been too hot here yet, hottest it’s been when I have been out is about 75. Pretty sure I’m going to need some fans on the 80-90 degree days.

What was the motor temp when it blew?

Unfortunately I didn't get a temp reading. The only thing I can tell you is that it happened after a 10-lap race, which I won :cool:

TO be honest, the competition is not very tough here at the track though. They seem to really only take their 1/8 nitro buggy class seriously. I did still get a sweet KYOSHO carry bag for winning the open class electric races though.

-MP

you need something that has the rotor wrapped.
Good to know TBuggy, thanks.

Any idea of the Hobbywing EZRUN 2200kv is kevlar wrapped?

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back