• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno sct410.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weekend project while I wait for the electronics.

Waiting for sct wheels to show up so using some crawler wheels in the mockup.
Pro-line 3420-00 Ram 1500 body. I'm a dodge/ram guy. Mopar!
Including a picture of my crawler. Old dodge Power Wagon.

I have the body cut and sanded to shape. I have used scotch bright to scuff the inside to hold paint. And I have the black detail paint on. Now to let it dry before masking and painting the first part, black.

Shout out to Dan at Chicagoland RC for getting me the Savox so quickly.

Hopefully the rest of the electronics come Monday so I can finish up this build.
Now back to painting the body. ?

Dirt cover.

First coat of black.

The paint is mostly done. Just need to tint the windows. Then I can take the outside mask off and apply my graphics. Cant wait.
I went with a "bright" color scheme so I can see it better at a distance, my eyes are not what they used to be!
I think there were 12 million hex I applied and removed......most I had to apply by hand because of the contours of the body. Probably 6 hours just masking and unmasking the hex part. Dont think I'll do that again, lol.

So I wanted to mount my EB body (mud guard) to my truck but have had bad luck using velcro so I found some extra parts from my Axial truck and made mounts. The first picture is of the cut post (left side) that i used and one of the collars.

Back at it.

A bit of work done tonight between making dinner for the teens and shower.

I went with mostly stock setup, I have a fairly neutral camber to start. The EB top is in the process of being painted now. And I forgot to order my Dean's connector to solder to the esc.
I like the way this has turned out and looking forward to driving it, and yet dont want to scratch it after all of this work, lol.

Basic paint job using the same colors.

Mounted.

Just waiting on 1 part now, Dean's connector for the esc and I can race it around. ?
I hope you have enjoyed my step by step and pictures. This has been a really cool experience so far.

Building/working on your rig is half the fun. Thanks for the pics. I would highly recommend getting the stainless steel hardware kit, especially if your going to be bashing.

While stainless has its uses, I'd not go so far as to solely use stainless screws. They're weaker than 12.9 rated screws, and probably the 10.9 ones as well. SS screws are not recommended to be used with aluminum, either.

This chart supports what I'd mentioned. While the US bolts section shows 18-8 SS, I don't believe that's quite so common for the smaller screws such as what would be found on a Tekno vehicle. A-2 is what I've found most often.

Bolt Grade Markings and Strength Chart

I have noticed stainless is softer and can stretch and break easier than steel grades. However, on non stress areas, the stainless would be stronger than the plastic so I wouldn't have an issue installing some to reduce the rusty screw head syndrome.

Right now I am waiting on the battery connector so I can test run this thing. I did push the wires into the battery plug last night so I could set the stearing servo and program the esc. Did a low rpm test on my stand, everything worked.

My rear guard came in and went on wonderfully. My Dean's connectors also came in, destroyed 2 before getting a good solder (not my favorite thing to do).
I took her outside for her maiden voyage and managed to roll it twice, once in the driveway so she got her first scars. I was planning on shooting a video once I dialed her in but the battery died after about 3 minutes. I guess I was rock crawling more than I thought with that battery. So charge baby charge. I did order 2 more batteries today. My crawler can go 30+ minutes on 1 charge but I dont think I will get that from the Tekno.
So that is where I am at.
I couldnt hit full Throttle on my street (at least I didnt dare to) and it flys with a 16 tooth pinion. I did have to trim some of the rear fender away. The body I am using has a bit shorter wheelbase than the Tekno.
For a cheap tire the Duratrax Lockup has plenty of bite. As backup I picked up some Pro-Line Trencher tires.

I am planning on picking up a second body, the short course Pro-Line Ram or the Pro-Line Flo-Tek body. Not sure yet. I like painting, just not the masking.

"Second" battery. She ain't pretty no more!
Lots of tumbles and donuts and launches. Cant wait for an open offroad spot.

Congrats on the SCT410, and welcome back to the hobby!

Nice documentation - and that body looks great.

Recent Popular Liked

Back