• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno sct410.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had bought a hobbywing fan/motor cooler when I bought the motor but it didnt fit for many reasons. I spent a little time whittling away material and finally it fits. Here are some pictures of what I did.

I put some Badlands on my truck. I like how when it rolls onto the side the sidewalls catch and allow it to flip by its self.
The extra traction of the tires means reduced speed on turns, or more flips. But also meant strong launches.

Unfortunately the extra traction from the wheels seems to have been too much for my center differential. The plastic pins snapped on 3 of the gears, and the forth was so bent I had to break it to get the gear off.
New metal ones are ordered for all 3 diffs. I havent checked the others yet.
Down for the weekend.
I was thinking about trying 2.8 wheels too. I may have to do some more bullet proofing first.

While I wait for parts I thought I would teach myself how to airbrush.

I assume you are using stencils...where are you getting them?

Bodies look nice!
I bought them on Ebay. Trc-x I believe. I did have some glue residue stay on the body that I needed to remove. That might have been because I used a heat gun to get the stencil to stretch on the contours.

I want to try spray on mask next. I am 45 and always trying to learn new things.

Thank you for the compliment. I am half tempted to sell them before I crash em! Lol. It is a long process, but I enjoy the results.

View attachment 3196
Unfortunately the extra traction from the wheels seems to have been too much for my center differential. The plastic pins snapped on 3 of the gears, and the forth was so bent I had to break it to get the gear off.

New metal ones are ordered for all 3 diffs. I havent checked the others yet.

Thats some carnage :)

I am interested to know what KV is the 3660 motor and are you running 2S or 3S ?

I bought my SCT4.3 SH as an ex racer, and was surprised to recently discover that the center pins are actually composite.

I have converted mine to 4S / 4274 2200KV and will be doing the steel center pins as a precaution. They haven't broken as yet but I know they will be the weak link, so will be getting upgraded on a planned rebuild.

P.S Awesome build btw, the paint schemes on all the bodies are on another level !!

I run 2s. Gens 5000 50c.
Mostly I was just racing around my front yard when I started to hear a strange clicking noise. Turned out the tips of the pins broke and the gears rotated counterclockwise. I replaced the center diff pins, but not the front and back yet because I figured I have a couple of battery packs left before normal maintenance on those. When I do the maintenance I will swap them and check the bearings.
I enjoy the building and artistic part of painting the bodies. The prep work however......lol

Wow, all that carnage on 2S ? !

That surprises me actually, but at least now your center diff is more bullet proof if you ever choose to go up to 3S.

That would be pretty wild with that 4000KV motor :cool:

I decided to upgrade my steering tonight.
20190930_171138.jpg
20190930_172332.jpg
20190930_181258.jpg

I had a pair of button head screws because the flat head on the Ackerman dont work, otherwise you reuse the bearings and parts from the original. The Ackerman is wider than stock so the rods needed to be adjusted and the buggy lid needed to be trimmed more.
Driving, for me it feels more consistent while turning the wheel. Like, a little turn of the wheel feels the same as a tighter turn. Where before it seemed like the tighter your turn, the faster it wanted to move. Not sure how else to say that! Lol. I feel like small adjustments on the transmitter wheel feels like fine changes through a turn.

Recent Popular Liked

Back