• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekno sct410.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budki

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hello, new here. I was into RC 25 years ago then tried being a parent and adult awhile. The adult part sucked.

Anywho, I bought a crawler over the winter and had the short course bug awhile. After reading reviews I just ordered a Tekno sct410.3 kit. Looking forward to it showing up tomorrow.

The technology has changed quite a bit since 80s, early 90s. If anyone has good recommendations for a lower budget servo, motor esc combo or transmitter I would greatly appreciate it. Not sure I understand the battery, motor, esc lingo. I currently have a Gens 5000 lipo 7.4 50c 2s1p 37wh for my crawler. Would be nice if that works on my new 410.3.

Btw, dont think I'll be racing on track, more likely a basher. But I wanted to start with something with a good rep and could be upgraded in case I do wanna race someday.

Ty for reading this far and for any wisdom you want to impart on me.

Welcome to the forum!

Don't have any experience with the SC410, so I'll leave that to those that do.

There are plenty of threads to read through here and in other forums that help understand the concepts. Look around, lots of great information!

It has arrived!

Getting some assembly done. The gear oil is exact! The plastic is much improved from the Blackfoot and Maui Ninja days. I think it is a fiber reinforced plastic (from my 2.5 years as a mold maker). I am impressed with the tolerances of the parts.

A couple hours into it. Reminds me of when I used to put together all of my friends RCs. They would play Nintendo while I sat at the kitchen table putting their rigs together. Grasshoppers, Hornets, I forget the names of most of them. RC10 and Losi came out right about when I got away from RC.

I have to say that step H-2 I was not able to use the supplied washers. The OD on the washers was too big to fit next to the bearing hub so I installed the screws and left them slightly backed out.

This pair of nuts on the steering arm gave me some trouble. The slot is supposed to keep the locknut from spinning but it didnt. And there isnt room for a real wrench. But I got it.

I had a little problem with 1 of the plastic collars on the shocks. It kept wanting to cross thread. I probably spent 45 minutes on that 1 collar.....

This long screw interferes with the button head screw. I may have to make a spacer or shorten the screw eventually.

Done for the nite. A few left over parts.

@Budki looks like you're making great progress on your SCT410.3 build. Looking good so far.

Welcome to TeknoForums!

@Budki While I've only built a MT410, methinks those extra parts aren't Tekno. heh.
They came out of the Tekno bags. Bearing shims (if needed) camber washers (if needed) and I didnt drill the shock caps for bleeders (I would upgrade these if I want bleeders).

So far pretty happy with the kit. I have tried to document any issues I have had in case Tekno wants to know or if new builders want to have a heads up on potential issues.

I didn't recongize the parts, and it's been a while since I built my MT410. I'm just trying to get a few electronic items set up before it hits the ground. And I have a terrible memory. I know I have some extra stuff from my build, I just need to clean off the work area and bag it up.

Nonetheless, it looks like you're well on your way! Thanks for taking pictures, too. Dunno if I'll end up with a SCT410 at one point or another,but if I do I'll be looking back at this.

Update:

I have a bunch of items ordered to continue this project and I have been very impatiently waiting for it to show up. Today a couple of things showed up, the buggy top I am going to use as my mud cover, the transmitter, air control guards and protek chassis tape.

I really thought the chassis tape would be "more" than just a thin sticker. Half tempted to use the vinyl carbon 5D I bought instead.

I have had a bunch of issues with the other items I have bought. I bought a motor esc combo from amain and paid for 2 day air. Today makes 4 days since ordering and today is the day amain is shipping it....... I bought a savox on Amazon, then recieved an email that the delivery wasnt right, it would take 4 to 6 weeks because it is coming from Hong Kong. It took 3 days to get a cancellation confirmation before ordering a different one from Chicago. And the body I bought, is coming from Vernon NY to Buffalo. It instead went to Pittsburg and now might be here friday........so I'm a little disappointed. Once I start working on this again it will get better. ?

Not sure I would put the protek on again. It wasnt long enough, and the glue was so gooey that it got everywhere. But it is on so I'm going to rock it for now.
The carbon vinyl went on nicely.

I wasnt going to, but now I feel I must! Lol.

View attachment 2954
View attachment 2955
View attachment 2956
View attachment 2957
Not sure I would put the protek on again. It wasnt long enough, and the glue was so gooey that it got everywhere. But it is on so I'm going to rock it for now.
The carbon vinyl went on nicely.

Hi I use this chassis protector on my sct 410.3 and is great also you can remove any time the sticker for easy access to the screws and put it back

https://www.avidrc.com/product/5/ac...ekno-SCT4103-White-AV10023-W-accessories.html

F1CFA98D-23BD-40DE-B2B1-A6117786DB0A.jpeg

Thank you, I will keep this for when mine wears!

Recent Popular Liked

Back