• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Servo horn query

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

So here I am, I'm Tiny Rick..!!!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
So I finally got my Tekno servo horn ? but I'm a bit concerned about the clearance between the arm and the top of the servo ??
How much clearance should there be below the horn.??

Check out the pic's and tell me what you guys think, the last pic show that even a post it note got torn sliding it in and out.
So if the horn flexes even the smallest amount it's going to rub on the servo case causing problems..!!

Question... you tighten the top bolt first then the pinch bolt on the horn..??

Guy's can you post up pic's of your servo horns clearance so I can compare..??

Thx

IMG_6279.jpeg
IMG_6282.jpeg
IMG_6283.jpeg

Find a small spacer or washer and place it on top of the spline before installing the horn to bump it up a little. That servo is probably a little taller than others and that's why you are having the clearance issue.

Yes install the top screw first and then the clamping screw.

The top of your servo is definitely higher from where the mount screws sit.

From a first glance I would guess mine has a similarly snug fit. It was installed by the previous owner. No issues for me so far (~15 packs).

Attachments

• IMG_20200510_084402.jpg
    IMG_20200510_084402.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 256
I have the same issue before with my old tekno servo horn o just sent it and after a bunch of packs ran through it I notice the horn rub fairly a lot on the servo itself making deep scratches then after I upgraded to m2c chassis with m2c servo horn I notice this issue went away and everything now has good clearance

Try using a lock washer on the spline it should give a little bit more clearance

if the arm to the servo saver is flat, then I would run it without concern. There is no reason for that horn to be deformed.
Oh I know it's not deformed, it's just mega tight clearance..
I think maybe the shaft on that servo is shorter compared with other brands out there, it only needs about 1/10mm to give enough good clearance..?

I'd try the suggestion mentioned above and add a shim to create a touch more space.....

EDIT : Actually, I think you should buy a new servo.

EDIT 2 : Actually, sod it, buy a new kit and start over!!!! lol

Recent Popular Liked

Back