• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

run the stock diff oil or change it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReMiXeDg

Reaction score
My kit just arrived today. :)

I would like to know for bashing and mainly truggy tires what diff oils should I run? Should I keep it stock or change them out for something thicker?

Just trying to make my diffs last long I would hate for something to go wrong with them

I bash with my Truggy on almost stock racing diff fluid (10/10/7k). Tried the thicker stuff to pull some wheelies for a while and went back to the stock racing stuff in order to keep it nimble. I do bash-race it though.

My recommendation is to keep it stock.

The mt410 runs great on stock oil. Remember it’s a MT so the oil will be thicker for bashing. The thick oil allows you to not have to change your oil as often. Once I build the diffs I won’t touch them until I need to replace bearings. If your racing that’s a different story.

I've just done mine today with 100k/500k/60k I'll be running 6s though.
Lets just hope its ok..? worse case scenario I change it back to stock..??

I'm more worried that I either put to much diff oil or not enough I built them already they feel smooth I would hate to blow them.on my first run but oh well

You might find that setup is too thick.

I run 60k/100k/10k and find it pretty much perfect in my ET48.3 running Badlands 3.8.

I have tried thicker diff oils and they tend to ruin the handling of the vehicle especially the front and rear oil as too thick in the front will make the car understeer when turning off throttle and make it bite too hard when turning on power.

Similarly, too thick oil in the rear will make the car trail when turning and it won't feel as agile.

Attachments

• tekno tuning guide.PNG
    tekno tuning guide.PNG
    287.4 KB · Views: 715
I'm more worried that I either put to much diff oil or not enough I built them already they feel smooth I would hate to blow them.on my first run but oh well

This is a great video to help you see how to properly build your Tekno diffs. Check it out to see if you did everything correct.

Recent Popular Liked

Back