• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 What is good pinion to run with the steel 44t spur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same esc combo I run in mine on 3s. Currently have a 16t in it now could go 15t or back off the end bell time. Great system I'm really enjoying mine.

Same esc combo I run in mine on 3s. Currently have a 16t in it now could go 15t or back off the end bell time. Great system I'm really enjoying mine.
I’m considering going 4s.. will that motor get to hot?

Last edited:
Might be a bit much for 4s. I think on the Hobbywing website it shows 2-3s for that motor.
Screenshot_20210812-082017.png

Might be a bit much for 4s. I think on the Hobbywing website it shows 2-3s for that motor.View attachment 7404
Yes sir, you are correct. I did check the website and that’s what I’m seeing.
I’m not doing any competition, would just like to be in the 50 mph range.
If I can get that on 3s and gearing without thermal shutdown I’d be happy.
What kind of speed are you getting with 15t ?

Yes sir, you are correct. I did check the website and that’s what I’m seeing.
I’m not doing any competition, would just like to be in the 50 mph range.
If I can get that on 3s and gearing without thermal shutdown I’d be happy.
What kind of speed are you getting with 15t ?
I don't know I'll have to use one of those gps speedometers to get exact number. As of right now my temps are a little high for my liking around 150°f. Ambient temperature was up around 90°f.

I don't know I'll have to use one of those gps speedometers to get exact number. As of right now my temps are a little high for my liking around 150°f. Ambient temperature was up around 90°f.
Thanks for your reply. I’m thinking I’ll go ahead with the XR8 3200 combo with a 15t pinion. I also plan on adding the C1 heat sink fan combo. I’m not a speed runner by any means, just trying to get the best torque/speed I can.😊

I run a 1410 3800kv castle with a 16t pinion. My temps only run around 130f on 3s but I run a protek fan with heat sink. I bash on hard flat ground with lots of jumps. I enjoy the extra power of the 16t when correcting for the occasional nose dive in the air.

I run a 1410 3800kv castle with a 16t pinion. My temps only run around 130f on 3s but I run a protek fan with heat sink. I bash on hard flat ground with lots of jumps. I enjoy the extra power of the 16t when correcting for the occasional nose dive in the air.
I went ahead and put a 15t on and I’m happy with it. No heat issues. I have a few different fans I can use if I decide to bump it up.

150f really isn't that bad. You really only need to worry when you get to about 180-200. But good fans usually take care of that and breaks on high temp days are usually a must haha

Recent Popular Liked

Back