• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410 2.0 Ride Height/Gearboxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
I have always started with bone/arms level/just below arms level ride heights since, pretty much, day one in the hobby. The only exception was when I raced on high traction clay tracks, and lowered the ride height significantly.

Finally got around to putting Front/Rear millimeter numbers to the front/rear "bones level" ride height on the SCT410 2.0 platform... 26/30mm. I was dumbfounded for a moment, I think, as to why the numbers were way off.

I'm guessing it's because the two different gearboxes that are used :unsure::
1716811315038.png

1716811167991.png

The -4mm offset gearboxes, that are used in the rear, puts the rear diff & "bones" lower which would account for the higher rear ride height number. Yes?

Last edited:
Could a person use a -4mm offset gearbox on the front of the chassis as well? That might be a question I have to figure out for myself at a later date when I have the truck apart.

After looking at the MT410 2.0 manual, I see the same SCT410 2.0's TKR9217 0mm offset gearboxes are used front and rear on the monster truck. This has me thinking even more about the -4mm offset gearbox could be used on the front of the SCT410 2.0 chassis. Maybe the -4mm offset gearbox would lead to the diff coupler angle being too great for the center front driveshaft.🤷‍♂️:unsure:

Last edited:
The -4 bulkhead won't work in the front without a lot of modifying to the front arms. You would need to grind a good bit of material away around the inner hingepin to make clearance for the diff output cups. I can't remember for sure, but you might also need to clearance the front chassis brace since front center driveshaft will be lower.
So it is possible but not it's not just a plug and play affair.

@RustyUs this is off the topic but you have some recent post on this truck so here I go

Was at the track today and a buddy asked about the sct410 2.0 as he is wanting to upgrade his sct. I currently am running the older .3 so I could not comment. So are you happy with the truck so far in durability and performance. Or are there any out of the box changes that should be made

He is running an older Losi now so I think we would like it.

@RustyUs

I had another guy last night at the track ask about the new SCT do you have any input or pointers for them

I love to talk up my Tekno’s but I don’t have the new model so I would love so real advice

Thanks

@RustyUs

I had another guy last night at the track ask about the new SCT do you have any input or pointers for them

I love to talk up my Tekno’s but I don’t have the new model so I would love so real advice

Thanks
Sorry I didn't get back to the forums sooner. Right now is prime RCing time for me. After doing some yard work, cooking, and of course dog walking... I sometimes forget/too tired to get to online hobby stuff.

I have no qualms with the 2.0 platform. I'm on the fence of getting another one actually. I/ll have to get back to you at the end of the season/year for long term thoughts on the SCT. The last time I had her out, I pushed harder than I normally do, and got to test the bumper's durability. I was trying to hit jumps at full throttle, and get the rear end to donkey kick off the jumps creating some good lawn darting fun.

Sorry I didn't get back to the forums sooner. Right now is prime RCing time for me. After doing some yard work, cooking, and of course dog walking... I sometimes forget/too tired to get to online hobby stuff.

I have no qualms with the 2.0 platform. I'm on the fence of getting another one actually. I/ll have to get back to you at the end of the season/year for long term thoughts on the SCT. The last time I had her out, I pushed harder than I normally do, and got to test the bumper's durability. I was trying to hit jumps at full throttle, and get the rear end to donkey kick off the jumps creating some good lawn darting fun.
No problem man. I am in the same boat with all the r/c racing going on now I am gone 2-4 nights of the week. It has been a blast

So my buddy just got his built yesterday so if there are any tuning secrets let me know thanks

No problem man. I am in the same boat with all the r/c racing going on now I am gone 2-4 nights of the week. It has been a blast

So my buddy just got his built yesterday so if there are any tuning secrets let me know thanks
No big secrets that I know of. For rough/bumpy track I just softened the shocks up a bit, and went with thinner diff fluids.

Recent Popular Liked

Back