• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

LF Springs And Ride Height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nub

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
  4. MT410
  5. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Does anyone have any experience with the low frequency springs on the SCT? I got a couple sets to try getting the center of gravity down. On the regular springs I was green/green at 25mm. I was thinking about starting somewhere around 18-20mm and adjusting from there. Right now I have green(F)/yellow(R) and in the rear with the collars as far down as they will go I'm at 14mm which is too low and no way to raise it.

Any ideas on gaining some adjustability here?

if you are that low with the preload maxed you either need a stiffer rate or a longer spring. Could go back to either the Yellow TKR6032 or the Buggy LF spring and use TKR8772 which is close to the same rate but both of these will probably put you back over your target ride height numbers. On one of the various facebook groups this came up in the past week and someone else had posted about using the LF buggy springs and having good success. I just did a quick search and can't find the post but if I do find it I'll paste a link to it.

teknosprings.png

I don't do social media so a link won't do me any good. It might help someone else though. I might just put it back the way it was.
I tried the rear with the front shock bodies last night and preloaded all the way got it to 18mm (TKR6115). I have the 6116's also I haven't opened yet. I know it won't last though. Even though they're listed with the same rates they're noticeably softer.

Last edited:
You running a 2S LiPo pack?

It's a 4S system.

Your question made me wonder what the weight of the battery was doing.

To be clear though I had cleaned up the rear hinge pins after starting all of this because the rear wasn't quite as free as the front. By no means bound up.

I had set it to the side waiting to see what kind of suggestions there might be but expecting I would end up going back to the standard springs.

Put the shocks back on with 6104 F and 6115 R, no battery and it settled at 24mm. I put the battery in and I'm getting 17mm now. This is still with the preload collars all the way down so this is as high as it will go. If it's because of how free the rear pivots on the hinge pins now it's not going to last without taking it apart to clean after every outing. I'm also expecting the springs are going to sag after some time and will have no room to gain any height when they do.

I might look at battery weight but I really don't want to buy packs just for this truck because of ride height.

I'm going to try it a 17mm and see how it goes but still open to suggestions

It's a 4S system.

Your question made me wonder what the weight of the battery was doing.

To be clear though I had cleaned up the rear hinge pins after starting all of this because the rear wasn't quite as free as the front. By no means bound up.

I had set it to the side waiting to see what kind of suggestions there might be but expecting I would end up going back to the standard springs.

Put the shocks back on with 6104 F and 6115 R, no battery and it settled at 24mm. I put the battery in and I'm getting 17mm now. This is still with the preload collars all the way down so this is as high as it will go. If it's because of how free the rear pivots on the hinge pins now it's not going to last without taking it apart to clean after every outing. I'm also expecting the springs are going to sag after some time and will have no room to gain any height when they do.

I might look at battery weight but I really don't want to buy packs just for this truck because of ride height.

I'm going to try it a 17mm and see how it goes but still open to suggestions
You said you're running a 4s setup, can you tell us specifically what you're running - battery, motor, esc, etc.? The setup sheet listed on the site is for traditional 4x4 SC electronics, 2s 7000-8000 batteries and 36mm motors.

The electronics are a Castle MambaX with their 1415 2400KV 3670 can. Battery has been a Gens Ace Redline, 4S, 6000 mah

The electronics are a Castle MambaX with their 1415 2400KV 3670 can. Battery has been a Gens Ace Redline, 4S, 6000 mah
Ok, so that is definitely a larger than average battery pack and motor for a SC truck. And if the motor wires are from the factory those are quite a bit longer than needed and adding up to an ounce of additional weight.

I believe the spring setup we recommend is orange front (6106) and green rear (6114) for the SC, but that's with lighter electronics. You could probably run the orange front and go up to a red rear and be ok staying with the SC LF springs. A red front might also be good to have, as well as a blue and purple rear (standard or LF buggy rears).

Recent Popular Liked

Back