• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410 2.0 Shock Pistons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
Is there a misprint in the PDF/paper manual?

I looked at Ifti's shock build video and no mention of piston hole sizes. After looking at the PDF manual, I see the pistons are not my normal way of setting up my shock packages. The PDF manual shows 1.2mm pistons for the front, and 1.1mm pistons for the rear.
1703432469984.png
1703432481081.png

Any, and all RCs that I ever built/used has pistons with smaller holes on the front and equal/larger piston holes on the rear shocks. :unsure:

Last edited:
For the past 4+ years I've been running 5x1.5 front and 5x1.6 rear so that I can run the same viscosity on the front/rear to make rebuilds and tuning easier as temps change.

Many brands of cars tend to provide smaller than average size pistons to allow folks to drill larger holes if they want.

HB actually provides a wide assortment of pistons to include a set of blanks in their kit:
1703434620483.png

If you want to stay on top of the current trend, the vast majority of racers I know are running 20 hole pistons with different size holes combos for front and rear from VRP:
https://visionracingproducts.com/product/8th-xv3-20hole-pistons/

1703434963631.png

1703434799813.png

The piston setup is correct, 5x1.2 front and 5x1.1 rear. To make the 5x1.2 work in the rear shocks you'll need to run minimum of 700 oil, and if I recall right think I prefered 800 during testing. In the front you'll need something around 400 with the 5x1.1, probably lighter. The problem with swapping the pistons (and the reason we didn't do it in the kit) is because the workable range of oils is limited, especially if the weather is very hot or very cold. If the truck didn't drive well with any of the pistons sets we already had, we would have molded new ones specifically for this kit.

Thanks for the clarification Matthew_Armeni 👍:cool:. There are a couple things on the 2.0 that seemed odd/new to me when looking closer at the manual today. The piston holes being just one of those things. I just wanted to make sure box stock setup was good "in print/on paper" before I start build tomorrow/next week.

The other weird thing I noticed was the use of low-frequency front springs and standard rear springs on the SCT410 2.0 platform. When verifying part numbers on the website (Tekno RC's) there was no mentioning of the TKR6107 Red LF Front & TKR6037 Yellow springs included in the SCT410 2.0 kit... which lead me to believe there was possibly a proofreading mix-up of the manual for the pistons in the first place. 🤷‍♂️

For the past 4+ years I've been running 5x1.5 front and 5x1.6 rear so that I can run the same viscosity on the front/rear to make rebuilds and tuning easier as temps change.....
That's ^^^ exactly my point. The SCT410 2.0 is the first RC that I've ever seen that uses the opposite from what I've used in the past.

I like playing with shock setups. Thankfully I have some different 16mm springs to throw on. I guess I'll have to run the 2.0 as is (maybe :unsure: 🤫 ) to get a feel for it before I do anything drastic.

I would contact Smiley Henn, he's a VRP team driver who also runs the TEKNO SCT where he provides a lot of input/testing for Mike Ankey on their 20H pistons, chances are they already have a piston package in the works so you can run the same CST on front/rear.

I would contact Smiley Henn, he's a VRP team driver who also runs the TEKNO SCT where he provides a lot of input/testing for Mike Ankey on their 20H pistons, chances are they already have a piston package in the works so you can run the same CST on front/rear.
I'll be working with 13mm bore shocks, and shoving 16mm 20 hole pistons in there isn't in the game plan 😆 👍. No future plans to go with 16mm bore shocks on the SCT410 2.0 for me.

Yep, I built/ran the SCT with the pistons swapped... 1.1 in the front, and the 1.2 in the rear. I just had to test it out, and get it out of my system.
piston swap.jpg

550cst shock oil front & rear for some rough/rutted action. I don't think I'll be changing my setup anytime soon. The truck ran great the first outing.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back