• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410 SL shock pistons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidg

Reaction score
I’ve never messed with the shock pistons before. I’m running on a med to high bite indoor clay track. Currently using the stock 1.1fr and 1.2r 5 hole pistons. Tekno has a 1.7fr and 1.8r 2 hole option. Would they help settle my sct after jumps ? From what I understand I would want either smaller holes or less holes. But these have less holes with larger holes.

I’ve never messed with the shock pistons before. I’m running on a med to high bite indoor clay track. Currently using the stock 1.1fr and 1.2r 5 hole pistons. Tekno has a 1.7fr and 1.8r 2 hole option. Would they help settle my sct after jumps ? From what I understand I would want either smaller holes or less holes. But these have less holes with larger holes.
I need to correct myself on the optional 1.7/1.8 pistons. They have 2 large holes and 4 small relief holes

From the Hudy Setup Book:
https://storage.googleapis.com/sodi...-reference/hudy%20off-road%20setup%20book.pdf

1705881701798.png

When switching number of holes and diameter, I like to calculate the total area of the holes combined to determine if the damping is going thicker or thinner. The following is the set of pistons included with the HB kits to get an idea of how they go from thickest damping on top to thinnest damping on the bottom in the following chart:
1705881926907.png

I like the idea of chart and it’s seems pretty straightforward on figuring out numbers. But Tekno doesn’t list the size of the relief holes. I might just have to order them and try them out.

Recent Popular Liked

Back