• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT 410 2.0 - Is there space for 2 - 2s hardpacks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adaptive

Reaction score
I'd like to build a basher (maybe also race it) to run with my kids Arrmas. The Arrmas are running 2s so far, and we have TT02s that run 2s, so all in all we have 10 2s battery packs. The question for if I am going to go 2s or 4s is a separate issue (e.g. if I really might race it, than something like a 4600kV on 2s? but if not, then go something like a 2000 kV to keep temps down and runtimes up?). If I decide to go the 4s route, is there enough spce in the battery tray for me to run 2 of the 2s packs stacked?

You can't mix match used 2S packs in series without running into a myriad of issues, if you want to do 2x2S they must be perfectly matched pairs that are brand new and dedicated for 2x2S usage and they need to be rotated on true negative side, more info here:
It would be far less hassle to buy a 4S pack and you'll get longer life from a single 4S pack than running 2x2S in series.

I raced my SCT410.3 on 4S mixed in with the nitros for a 20 min main once:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-sct410-3.1389/post-22242

I'd find a pair or two of packs that have the closest internal resistance, if your charger has that measurement, and use them in pairs exclusively for the Tekno. Set the ESC cutoff to high just in case. Note: That's whad *I* would do, knowing the potential issues with this setup. :)

But yeah, getting new 4s packs would probably be a better way. In Europe CNHL is definitely the most affordable option (still very good packs), esp if you catch a sale.

Recent Popular Liked

Back