• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 shock rebound doesnt travel equally how can i fix it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Reaction score
Help,410.3 shocks wont rebound equally. Rebuilt Orings twice still the same outcome one longer than the other WTD???

@Michael
several things can be at play here...

you may not be using adequate grease on the o-rings when packing the cartridge, I prefer using Green Grease brand and use the skewer method:

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-sct410-3.1389/post-11816

1612719871297.png

Another potential problem is that you may have over tightened the lower cap which secures the shock cartridge on the shock body, you want it snug, but not so tight that is squashes the o-rings and causes them to bind with extra "stick-tion", make sure each shock shaft glides super smooth before you fill the shock with fluid.

Also make sure the o-rings haven't swelled up on you, some brands of grease tend to cause the o-rings to puff up and swell causing extra "stick-tion" too, replace your o-rings if this is the case... note that Green Grease brand will not make the o-rings swell ;)

Re-pack and apply fresh grease on the seals every time you rebuild your shocks, smoother is faster.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Many good videos out there (YouTube) on building bladder shocks with no rebound. Plug that phrase in the search box, and have a go at it. I prefer emulsion/bleeder caps for the ease of getting zero rebound. I've watched a lot of videos of top drivers build their shocks and there are definitely many ways to get same outcome. The most recent video that I've watched (that closely resembles what I do with my shocks that use bladders) was TLR showing both bladder, and emulsion shocks bleeding. I've not done the pinky finger on top of the bladder while pushing on the shock shaft thing, but will be doing that with my latest bladder shocks.

@Michael
several things can be at play here...

you may not be using adequate grease on the o-rings when packing the cartridge, I prefer using Green Grease brand and use the skewer method:

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-sct410-3.1389/post-11816

View attachment 6166

Another potential problem is that you may have over tightened the lower cap which secures the shock cartridge on the shock body, you want it snug, but not so tight that is squashes the o-rings and causes them to bind with extra "stick-tion", make sure each shock shaft glides super smooth before you fill the shock with fluid.

Also make sure the o-rings haven't swelled up on you, some brands of grease tend to cause the o-rings to puff up and swell causing extra "stick-tion" too, replace your o-rings if this is the case... note that Green Grease brand will not make the o-rings swell ;)

Re-pack and apply fresh grease on the seals every time you rebuild your shocks, smoother is faster.

Good Luck!

hi bill, thanks took them apart again after no miracle change had happened. I cleaned and did the repack with the shock orings. And of course I overtightened the bottom cap so that requires a visit to the LHS! purchased new cap,with repair kit and after each move i checked out preformance and it seemed the plastic spacers seemed scratchy. finally the shocks preform equally. Now, back to the battery breqak in isasue or lack thereof... always schoolin to learn by pocetbook!

Many good videos out there (YouTube) on building bladder shocks with no rebound. Plug that phrase in the search box, and have a go at it. I prefer emulsion/bleeder caps for the ease of getting zero rebound. I've watched a lot of videos of top drivers build their shocks and there are definitely many ways to get same outcome. The most recent video that I've watched (that closely resembles what I do with my shocks that use bladders) was TLR showing both bladder, and emulsion shocks bleeding. I've not done the pinky finger on top of the bladder while pushing on the shock shaft thing, but will be doing that with my latest bladder shocks.

Hi Heavy, thanks for the info a new rebuild kit fixed things up the plastic spacers were a lil scratchy on the preformance side all fixed up now!

Recent Popular Liked

Back