• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Motor choice question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandrew

Reaction score
So im tying to pick a motor for my rig and had a few questions for you guys. My intention is to run mainly 4s but be 6s capable. Truck will see most likely alot of grass running so was trying to find a combo that will power it nicely without heat issues and am thinking of running the backflip MT's. Was wondering if anyone was running a tp 4050 with either the 1950 or 2100 kv? Would this suit my needs, am i right in thinking that a longer can would provide me more torque for the grass and be easier on the motor, know I'll have to relocate the esc but thats fine. Also Ive tried a speed calc. but the numbers i was getting didnt seem right to me but i could be totally wrong and they be right, lol. Do my numbers here look correct? Apreciate any adivse as I am pretty much a newbie. Also I know the kv is not one i mentioned but im wondering if the the other info i put in looks correct.
Capture.PNG

Of the 2 you listed, I think the 1950kv would be my choice. That motor will require relocating the esc to fit. I don't know how well the cvds hold up to that much power, not saying they don't but the drivetrain is built for 4s. Plenty of people using bigger motors on 6s though.

Have you ran a MT 410 with the 4274 2250kv? Lots of power, easy flips, plenty of speed on 4s. Run on grass plus weeds all the time with no heat issues. Not sure what one does with more power unless building a speed demon and that will not work well with the short wheelbase of the MT. More power will require more wheelbase to be useable. IMO.

Have you ran a MT 410 with the 4274 2250kv? Lots of power, easy flips, plenty of speed on 4s. Run on grass plus weeds all the time with no heat issues. Not sure what one does with more power unless building a speed demon and that will not work well with the short wheelbase of the MT. More power will require more wheelbase to be useable. IMO.
I agree, I run 4s with 4274 can, plenty for me. If I want more, 6s gets it pretty silly. To each their own though.

I will mostly be running on 4s, just wanted a stonger motor to keep temps in check and have enough power for the big wheels running in grass. I dont want silly speed something in the 50-60 range for the top end would be ideal but enough grunt to get me through on the low end. Already have parts on order to relocate esc so thats no biggie. just didnt know what KV to go for if i go with the tp4050. can anyone tell me if I configured the calc right as far as the gearing on scriptasylujm though?

think i put the gear ration in wrong on the front dif should it acually be 4.44? seems to make more sense that way

Keep as light as possible. You’ll thank me later. Long can motors are for long, heavy vehicles. I run a 4274 in my truggy, 2000kv, on 4s. If you run these tekno 1/8 scales on 4s you’ll find them to be amazingly durable. I tried 6s and all I was doing was fixing things. Good luck and have fun!

Keep as light as possible. You’ll thank me later. Long can motors are for long, heavy vehicles. I run a 4274 in my truggy, 2000kv, on 4s. If you run these tekno 1/8 scales on 4s you’ll find them to be amazingly durable. I tried 6s and all I was doing was fixing things. Good luck and have fun!
Words of wisdom right there☝️👍🍻

Recent Popular Liked

Back